Introducing Myself And My Highland Lynx

Garak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am Garak. Yes, that is my real name (as of last year). Naturally, I named my kitty Legate Damar. My cousins bred Damar, but since she isn't an accepted breed she didn't come with certificates :(

Anyway, she is the most loving and cuddly cat I have ever owned. Her favorite spot is at my side with her head on my hip. She purrs loudly whenever I pick her up, and she is careful with her claws. I can put her on my shoulder without a shirt on and she won't intentionally claw me. She follows me everywhere I go, even if I'm just walking across the room and back. If I close a door (like to change in my room or if I'm using the bathroom) she'll meow until I open it. She's such a people cat that she'll even talk to me when I'm getting dressed.

I'll be honest. I never heard of the Highland Lynx breed until I paid for this kitty. I never saw a cat like this one, so I asked around and the forum here said she was likely an American Curl. Never heard of them, either. But WOW am I impressed with her. She is so well behaved that her vet listed her as a good client. She even let the vet carry her out without her carrier. She has such a mellow temperament it's hard to believe.

Anyway, that was long, so thanks and it's nice to have cat people to talk to. Hopefully I'll find someone with a Highland Lynx (or a Highlander cat). I doubt she'll win any awards for her breed, but she is absolutely distinctive. And I'm damn proud of her.

Pics here. More to come.
Legate Damar | Facebook
20170913_064736.jpg
These are my phone pics of her.
Features of Damar | Facebook These are pics I took to illustrate her awesomeness for anyone who has or knows the breed.

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
Garak and Legate Damar, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3135.GIF
to both of you.

Glad that you've joined the site and feel free to ask questions as I see that you've already found your way around.

Legate Damar is one serious looking kitty and is lovely! :kneading:

Do post more photos of her and enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, Garak! :dazzler: Legate Damar is a unique and beautiful kitty. I love her stripes. :redheartpump:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to both you and Legate Damar! I do have to ask, what do you call her for short?

Oddly, you are not the only Garak I know, although the other has carried his name from birth. Even more oddly, he currently lives in the Scottish Highlands. Links to you and the Lynx! How fun is that!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Legate Damar is beautiful. Love her markings. :catrub:

I wasn't familiar with her name, or yours, so I Googled. I take it you're a Trekkie, then? :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Garak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's right. I even put an IDIC on my arm. I super love Star Trek and always have. But...I think I love this cat even more. She is the most cuddly perfect cat ever! We have the same overly relaxed personality and she just limps out like a ragdoll when I hold her. I'm infinitely grateful for her birth family because they really did a good job raising her.