Introducing myself and my fur baby!

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am Julie, and my sweet baby is Casey. I adopted her 2 years ago, a week before COVID hit, when my elderly neighbor put her outside and disowned her. She came to my porch and worked her way into my heart and home. She has been my companion at my side every day, and I have become more attached to her than I have any other pet I have ever had. She is 15, and we are joining this forum a little late in the game, but I am seeking support because she is nearing the end of her life. :( She has been diagnosed with mammary adenocarcinoma, and has had surgery twice so far this year to remove tumors. I opted not to do chemo or radiation because of her age and because it is not available locally. We would have to travel 2 hours away. She gets stressed just going 5 minutes up the road to our regular vet. This week, I have been sure I was losing her, but a check with the vet today gave me hope that she has a little bit more time. I honestly thought I was going to come home with an empty carrier this afternoon. Even one more day feels like an amazing lease on life. Casey 3.png He gave her a steroid shot to try and perk her up and get her eating more. Anyway, I will post more about her condition in the cat health forum, but I just wanted to introduce us to you and meet some friends. Thank you.

Attachments

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweetie, and how kind of you to take her in…I don’t know how people can just suddenly liberate a pet, but, not knowing the whole story, not for me to say. It sounds as if you have extended her life by at least 2 years! It’s amazing how they can their way into our hearts, isn’t it? We are here for you during this transition and I hope she isn’t in pain, I am sure your vet would have made sure about her comfort level. Appreciating each other in the moment is sometimes the most worthwhile part of cat ownership.

I know it is hard to think ahead, but, sometimes there are traveling vets if you scrounge the internet enough.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Margot Lane! Nice to meet you!

I know, I try not to judge my neighbors because they are elderly (the wife passed away and the husband has dementia). I think it was mostly the husband's caregiver who said she would not work with a cat in the house, so they thought they could just "put her outside to live". :( Well she wasn't having any of that, and neither was I! I'm thankful that their daughter didn't mind me taking her in. Anyway, she has definitely been a gift to me these past 2 years! :lovecat2:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
cat-hello-friend.gif
CaseysMom and Casey, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking Casey in and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and also for taking care of her health :clapcat:

Casey's a beautiful gal :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post more photos of her and we have a special thread here just for her in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Tabbytom! :thanks::clapcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your Grande Old Lady! I cannot express my joy at knowing she has a loving home, kind hands, and a sweet spirit to help her when her time comes to cross the Bridge. You are now on my "Hero" list!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Thank you so much for giving beautiful Casey a home when her former owner could no longer keep her. I'm sorry she's been diagnosed with mammary adenocarcinoma, but so glad she has you to get her the medical care she needs, and make difficult decisions. 🤗
I hope you and she have several more good weeks together. :hearthrob::petcat:

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, rubysmama! I love your beautiful Ruby! Gingers rule! :yess::lovecat2:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Casey is so beautiful, and looks like a sweetheart. Sending hugs to you both. :hugs:

CaseysMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
strider rose strider rose Stardust, Lucky, and Lily Rose are just beautiful! And I love their names, especially Stardust!!