Introducing Myself And Moon!

heatherandmoon

A Cat is a Girl's Best Friend!
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone!

I recently adopted a cat, and I've had lots of questions about her health and happiness, so I made an account on this site. I'm 21, and I haven't owned a cat since I was about 13-years old. Honestly, I get so worried about her that it's exactly how I imagine being the guardian of a child would feel like, ahah.

Moon is about 7 months old—I brought her home when she was 12 weeks old. Her mother was a stray who gave birth to a litter of kittens under my aunt's porch. I am happy to report that all of her littermates and her mother have found their furever homes. I'll attach one of her sweetest baby photos. Moon is the calitorti in the middle.

They weren't the healthiest babies, but she is all cleaned up now. She was treated for ear mites, fleas, and worms. She also tested negative for FLV/FIV, and she was spayed last month. Currently, she is eating Science Diet Healthy Development, but I am open to looking for better options. We try to buy our foods ethically, and I'm worried about brands that test on animals.

Anyway, I'll attach more photos of Moon—including a picture of her wearing her outdoor harness, which she seems to enjoy! Looking forward to chatting more about cats soon, hehe.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: Congrats on adopting Moon. She's adorable. :catlove:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. Moon is very pretty! I love her pattern, and her little pink toe beans! It’s great that you can take her for walks; that’s good exercise for cats. Thank you for giving her a loving home!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to our site! They are such cuties! I love the name "Moon", as well.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A5CB8E20-F09F-4066-A034-29AA4BA254C2.jpeg
Heather and Moon, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
985E19C3-7815-417F-BB04-52A980376EE1.jpeg

Glad that you’ve joined the site and thank you for adopting Moon. She’s gorgeous :happycat::lovecat4:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Some readings to help you get around the site:-
New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Do post more photos of Moon for us to see.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site!

Well, I bet you that Moon is truly blessed to have you in her life and you think the same!

She is very cute, by the way!

Fun question, what made you name her Moon? :) ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherandmoon

Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone very much for your kind words and making us feel so welcome!

murphyboy murphyboy A blessing is exactly how I would describe her! It's wonderful to have someone to come home to after work, and she keeps me focused on the positive things in life. ;)

When choosing a name for her, I wanted to pick something close to Mother Nature, because that's how the two of us are living our lives. I was stuck between Moth and Moon, and Moon just happened to stick. Although I tend to call her MooMoo, and when she is being particularly mischievious, she is Moonshine. Haha. :kneading:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

heatherandmoon

Kitten
Purraise
Isn't it amazing that they're both calitortie Moons? :)
Yes! It's such a nice name. The calitortie colors also remind me a bit of the colors during an eclipse (like the one that occurred recently), so maybe there's a connection!

And now I'm curious as to how you chose that name, too.

Again, your Moon really is an absolute doll. :angelcat:

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes! It's such a nice name. The calitortie colors also remind me a bit of the colors during an eclipse (like the one that occurred recently), so maybe there's a connection!

And now I'm curious as to how you chose that name, too.

Again, your Moon really is an absolute doll. :angelcat:
I'm not sure! I think because she's so reserved and special :)