INTRODUCING MR. FLUFFY FLUFF!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
View attachment 478798
While I may want it to be like this always, there was a slight tiff this morning, which I didn't see, so I have no idea what happened or who made who miffed. There was a disgruntled vocalization. No fighting, nor fur lost. And all is well again. *The floof you see is just a stray floof left by a certain floofy someone a few days ago. No extra charge for that.*
Goofy and Sarah used to tiff. There would be slapping, a bit of yelling, and a lot of mutual pinned ears/staring with the tails twitching. They never, ever, ever actually "fought" and no one ever had a mark on them. I think sometimes, they just have to settle a disagreement, Cat-Style. :catman:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goofy and Sarah used to tiff. There would be slapping, a bit of yelling, and a lot of mutual pinned ears/staring with the tails twitching. They never, ever, ever actually "fought" and no one ever had a mark on them. I think sometimes, they just have to settle a disagreement, Cat-Style. :catman:
Yeah, that's it! Cats by their nature don't WANT to fight but they do have to establish territory and order, especially among males.;):insertevillaugh:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a gorgeous black fluff ball you've brought into your home. :petcat:
You're a lucky one, Mr. Fluffy Fluff. :bigeyes::redheartpump:
Thank you, my friend. Elvis is 16 and has been an "only cat" for almost 2 years since our beloved Suha angel left us. So after the roomies left and I did some home maintenance projects, I started looking for a mature, spayed, healthy female cat, preferably black or tortoiseshell. Every one at the rescue/adoption I registered with was either a foster failure or had some health concerns, and since I don't drive/have a car, I wanted to adopt someone healthy at the outset. The adoption counselor asked if I'd consider a male cat, which I wasn't really thinking would work since Elvis is fairly territorial and loved his ladies. But after getting more info, I decided to see if Mr. Fluffy could be our boy and right from the very start, he was sweet, loving, respectful of Elvis, and an absolute joy!
20240622_214949272_iOS.jpg

*Dining Room Table Ornament in all his glory. No, I didn't tell him it was okay to get up there but it's already one of his favorite places so...* :redheartpump: :blackcat2::redheartpump:*And I can always tell when he's been up there. Eyes right*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our dining room table was Maddie's all the time, including when we were eating there.
Excellent caregiving, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback and that's my way, too. The HOME belongs to the CATS. I am their caregiver and opposable-thumbed family member. They cannot get on the stove, the (flatscreen) TV, or any of the IT stuff. Anywhere else that's safe is absolutely PURRmissable. :happycat:

catloverfromwayback

Servant to the Ofurlords
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellent caregiving, catloverfromwayback catloverfromwayback and that's my way, too. The HOME belongs to the CATS. I am their caregiver and opposable-thumbed family member. They cannot get on the stove, the (flatscreen) TV, or any of the IT stuff. Anywhere else that's safe is absolutely PURRmissable. :happycat:
I don't have to worry about stoves now, since I only have a microwave and it's in a niche they can't get into. Phoebe will march across in front of the TV on occasion, and Daisy loves sitting on my iPad (funny how often the active tab seems to be TCS when she leaves). The only flat surfaces I try to keep them off are my small chest of drawers, because it has fragile things on it, and the kitchen bench when I'm preparing food, because there's hardly room for a dinner plate, let alone a dinner plate and a large cat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have to worry about stoves now, since I only have a microwave and it's in a niche they can't get into. Phoebe will march across in front of the TV on occasion, and Daisy loves sitting on my iPad (funny how often the active tab seems to be TCS when she leaves). The only flat surfaces I try to keep them off are my small chest of drawers, because it has fragile things on it, and the kitchen bench when I'm preparing food, because there's hardly room for a dinner plate, let alone a dinner plate and a large cat.
My stove is a vintage one, so yes, it's off limits. There are a lot of knickknacks around, but most are on shelves or in curio cabinets so not accessible.
I've noticed that Mr. Fluffy is very big-catlike when it comes to his wet food. He'll drag a toy, or try to pull a portion of comforter, over the bowl to conceal it, saving it for later and hopefully protecting it from any other large carnivores in his habitat :flail:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you, my friend. Elvis is 16 and has been an "only cat" for almost 2 years since our beloved Suha angel left us. So after the roomies left and I did some home maintenance projects, I started looking for a mature, spayed, healthy female cat, preferably black or tortoiseshell. Every one at the rescue/adoption I registered with was either a foster failure or had some health concerns, and since I don't drive/have a car, I wanted to adopt someone healthy at the outset. The adoption counselor asked if I'd consider a male cat, which I wasn't really thinking would work since Elvis is fairly territorial and loved his ladies. But after getting more info, I decided to see if Mr. Fluffy could be our boy and right from the very start, he was sweet, loving, respectful of Elvis, and an absolute joy!
You finally got rid of your roomies. You must be so pleased to have your place all to yourself again.

I love how your plan of the cat you'd adopt totally changed when you met Mr. Fluffy. How old is he?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
iPappy iPappy And we here at TCS know that the most gorgeous of all table ornaments are, well, CATS :redheartpump: :blackcat2: :redheartpump: ;)
rubysmama rubysmama Yes, we are. Of course there are pros and cons on just about everything. But they have very different standards of housekeeping than I do and seem to be of a mind that if it's not theirs, it doesn't merit good care. I've had to spend some time cleaning up their messes and getting things repaired. It cured me of ever having roomies again!!! We are still friends, but I think it's better that we live separately and I wonder how they will deal with these matters in their current rental. I clued them in before they moved that if they do the same things there that they've done here, they WILL be charged. He seems to think he can scoot out from any responsibility. I guess they'll see about that. One thing that's troubling is that she's opening credit card accounts like there's no tomorrow. Wonder what THAT's about???
The boy is 2. I didn't change my plan, but the circumstances made this happen, as there were no mature, spayed, healthy, black or tortoiseshell cats available at the time and I was very much wanting to adopt.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : It sounds like your former roomies are heading for possible difficulties down the road. But you've done all you can do for them.

Mr. Fluffy is practically a baby! It's wonderful he's fit in so well with you and Elvis.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 : It sounds like your former roomies are heading for possible difficulties down the road. But you've done all you can do for them.

Mr. Fluffy is practically a baby! It's wonderful he's fit in so well with you and Elvis.
It sounds like desperation to me. Who would do that?!!

Yes, Mr. Fluffy is kittenish up, down and sideways. But at 2, he's technically been a cat for a year. *I guess no one told him that, though*

catloverfromwayback

Servant to the Ofurlords
Top Cat
Purraise
My stove is a vintage one, so yes, it's off limits. There are a lot of knickknacks around, but most are on shelves or in curio cabinets so not accessible.
I've noticed that Mr. Fluffy is very big-catlike when it comes to his wet food. He'll drag a toy, or try to pull a portion of comforter, over the bowl to conceal it, saving it for later and hopefully protecting it from any other large carnivores in his habitat :flail:
Phoebe's a one for covering food, too! Though her idea is to scrape carpet over it, which is of limited value ... 🤔