Introducing Max & and his little sister Poppet

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pacific Northwest Greetings from Max and his little sister Poppet.

These new youngsters were adopted from the Grays Harbor, Washington (USA) Shelter. After beloved best friend Moochy, my Australian Kelpie (dog) passed at age 17 this winter, I was depressed. The house was so empty. I knew I needed something to help me grieve and distract.... so one night I was looking at shelter photos of cats and Max popped up. I was instantly drawn to him. I met him the very next day and fell in love. But as I was leaving the shelter with Max, they said, "Oh, he has a little sister!" And yes, the look on her face as I took her brother away was heartbreaking...so, I went back for her. I named her Poppet. She is tiny while Max is LARGE and in charge. They adore each other, they eat together, play together, and he watches over her. Moochy and I had senior kitties who passed five years ago, and it's nice to have soft paws in the house again.

Here is my new blond cinnamon Tabby, Max and Poppet, same littler, they are 9 mos. Poppet has her brother's brown eyes (or you'd never know they were siblings!).

Attachments

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! :hithere:Max and Poppet are adorable. Their eyes are gorgeous, and I love the names.
Welcome to TCS, and I hope to see you around!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
9221ab70ef24aec94064cac998245088.gif
WoodlandTabby, Max and Poppet, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Max and Poppet are beautiful! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Thank you for adopting them and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary for them to live out their lives:clapcat:

Do post more photos of them and we have special threads here just fr hem in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey there Tom - thank you for the warm welcome and resources. I'm sure I'll be lurking around, there's a lot to see and do! I'll check out the specific Tabby thread, can't wait. :hyper:
B23897A4-51D3-4BD3-9BCF-7803C930DEA6$L0$001~photo.GIF

Yes, our site has lots of resources and experienced members and do check out the articles section too c

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Game! They make me happy and help with my sadness, although the kitten energy needs at least an hour of catcardio daily.:sheep: I can't imagine the living in the cages, even though the shelter did a good job, they could barely move around, I couldn't take it. I wish I could have taken all 12 at the shelter, it was very, very hard. They have hit the feline jackpot with me, I wish I had a bigger jackpot! I'm sure everyone feels the same. Thank you again for the welcome from California!😊😊😊

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A big welcome to you, Max, and Poppet! And a heartfelt thank you for not leaving little Poppet behind! It just breaks my heart when a bonded pair gets separated!

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Max and Poppet are pawsitively adorable.

Also condolences on the loss of Kelpie. I hope your new kitties help heal your heart. :catlove:
Awww thank you and what a wonderful thing to say, yes the loss was.... it was mammoth. Moochy was my best friend, and now Max and little Poppet are my family now. :hearthrob:

WoodlandTabby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A big welcome to you, Max, and Poppet! And a heartfelt thank you for not leaving little Poppet behind! It just breaks my heart when a bonded pair gets separated!
You are so right, Mamany, I couldn't leave Poppet there in her cage watching her borther get a furever home. They were meant to be together and I agree, when I have seen that in the past, I almost made a vow to myself I would never separate pairs if they wanted to be together. You can tell.:hugs: