Introducing Manny!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been on the site since about the middle of march. I ran across it by accident while doing searches on Maine Coons by accident. My Maine Coon ( Tama ) had passed away Feb 17th and I was just searching to see what was out there. Toward the end of march I ran across Manny being fostered near me.

I met him at the fosters house but it was next door in a strange house to the cat. I think they were skipping around the rules as it's my understanding that your not suppose to meet at the fosters house. He kept running under the couch trying to hide. I think we pulled him out 4 times. The thing I noticed was he showed no signs of aggression. Never hissed, slapped or tried to bite. I knew I had my work cut out for me but decided to adopt him.

The story I got is he was abandoned when the owners moved. Some neighbors were feeding him and another cat but their landlord wouldn't let them keep them inside so they called the Humane Society.

When I got him home he went to the darkest corner he could find. Behind the water heater in the basement. After about 4 or 5 hours he came out from behind the water heater but he went to another spot and hid. I gave him about a day in the basement and finally got him upstairs where he hid under the bed for 3 days. He would come out to eat and was receptive to being rubbed but he would run back under the bed at the slightest noise. On the 4th day he came out and hasn't been under the bed since. When I came home from work at first he would sit at the basement door upstairs and all I would see was an eyeball peeking around the corner. Now he runs down and meets me at the door.

He's still progressing all the time. I've got him wearing a harness and trying to leash train him. Slow process but it's coming along. I bought him a cat wheel which he was scared to death of at first but he will sit on it now. He pretty much follows me around the house now. He loves his cat trees and has had no issues with litter box or scratching furniture. He went straight to a scratch pad that I had for Tama without having to tell him. He's not a lap cat and not crazy about being picked up but he's getting better at both. He talks non stop and fuss's at me at times! He's funny and really polite. He was abused at some point but seems to be coming out of it. So far it's been a challenge but fun and I'm proud of his progress so far. I plan on getting him a buddy in the near future.

It's estimated he was born In Sept of 2015

IMG_4787.JPG IMG_4759.JPG IMG_4776.JPG IMG_4757.JPG
IMG_4764.JPG

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, sabian! :dazzler: Your cat is beautiful! Sometimes it takes patience with a cat. I'm glad you have plenty. I like the name Manny, too!

There are many good articles and great people here. If you can't find what you need, the folks here are more than willing to answer questions, so please ask!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your gorgeous new boy! What is his name? Never mind, his name is Manny, of course! He has the most beautiful FLOOF! I just want to bury my face in his kittybelly!

I'm so sorry you lost your Tama. Rest you gentle, Tama, dream you deep. The love you brought is honored in such a lovely way, with a new cat who needed a loving home so very much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I can't take credit for naming him Manny. That was what they named him at the shelter. I thought about changing it but it just seemed to fit and I kinda liked it too! He was also used to it so why not!?

rubysmama rubysmama tabbytom tabbytom Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Thanks for your condolences. I still miss Tama a lot but, he's in a better place and no longer in any pain. He was special and will always hold a special place in my heart. He was one of a kind.

It's been great having Manny around and we are bonding more as time passes. He's special in his own way! He's made it easier to get over the loss.