Introducing Geoffrey...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats great he's playing like that with you!
What a long way he has come!
Im sorry to hear about you both needing dental..been there! Had to have a crown & a root canal at the same time! Two bottom molers beside each other on my left side.
I had to split that into some borrowed from my mom & some on care credit, & that was just for 1/2 down, so I could make monthly payments for the rest. You could always ask your dentist if they do any payment plans. Im excited to say, I will FINALLY have care credit paid off this month!!
You all know how long thats been!

Sorry to hear about your car. Sounds like me. Went in for an oil & filter change a few months ago, & needed 2 tires, so need to replace the other 2 soon.
I have a 2007 Toyota Carolla. Its also in good shape, & will only be paid off 2 yrs in Feb, so don't want another payment either!

Good luck with everything & so happy to hear about the new fun with "G." 😸💙
Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year too! 😁😘

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot afford car payments. Not yet. Geoffrey’s dental and my own dental crown is priority.
When it rains, it pours! I'm so sorry about the expenses you will be incurring but so happy Geoffrey is doing well thanks to your TLC. :hugs:
Hopefully both of the dental procedures, G's and yours, will go smoothly without any difficulty. :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

rubiekat4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all my friends,

I want to introduce you all to my new friend: Geoffrey or Geoffy, or "G"

View attachment 261126 View attachment 261127

I took him home, Monday afternoon, from my shelter. He took my heart, the moment I saw him.
He came out from isolation on Nov 1... Something told me to go into PetSmart to visit the kitties.. As soon as I set sight on him, my heart melted. When I went in to see him, It melted even more-- a huge puddle..

He immediately rubbed my entire head, including face, and would not stop.. insisting on love, rolling over and over, wanting pets...

Geoffrey reaches out his left paw for love, while he is purring and kneading.. he is so loving..

This is him, looking for me, as I put in the OFFICIAL request to adopt...
View attachment 261128

Geoffrey is a Buff-Colored Tabby... He is about 3 years old. His story is that his owner, a guy, had to move, and was not allowed cats.. He made them promise to keep his name, until he was adopted.

I do not care for his original name, "Goofy"... I can see how he got it: GoofBall.. but.. that is not a name for a sweet kitty.

It took me until Monday to get my house together, and pick up stuff for him.. I did save a few of Artie's new toys.. G is using them.. but is refusing to use his Tall scratcher.. weird. I vacuumed it down really well, spraying it with Natures Miracle.. I picked up some catnip spray to see if that would help..

I do not think he knows what it is for! He almost demolished a cardboard scratcher, last night.

Monday, his safe spot was the bathtub in his bathroom, next to the litter Genie.. He was so darn cute.. wanting loves... He could see me, in the chair, and would periodically pop his head up, like a turtle for loves.... so cute..
View attachment 261129

He is a big boy... very scared.. frightened.. wonder if he was always like this, or the 3 homes and 3 vet visits, within a week, did it to him??

His new safe spot is under my bed. I tried closing it off, with pillows and wastebaskets, but he found a way to get under it.. so....I give up..

Monday night, I could get absolutely no sleep. Geoffrey was constantly jumping on my bed, looking for love-- giving me head/face bumps... constantly crying.. poor thing.. I think he smells Artie, and is looking for him...
One time, during the night, I opened my eyes to a bum in my face and a tail wrapped around my neck... OMG...

He is slowly exploring.. I opened up Artie's room to him, this morning.. G wants nothing to do with it.. so weird...

Geoffrey has a very soft, squeaky meow.. Is not a lap cat, but wants love. He was raised on junk food.. so I have to decide on what to feed him. I would like to feed him 3 brands, in case of recalls.. but what to feed?? limited budget, but... I do not want to change things too much on him. He seems so sensitive..

Over the week-end he developed acne!!! and it seems to be getting worse.. He is a very strong boy, who still does not trust me, nor does want anything physically done to him. He is constantly rubbing his face on things..

I tried to wipe the area with peroxide and water.. first time was a fight.. second time was a war.. so I give up.. I need him to trust and feel more comfortable in here..

Geoffrey also seems to have a 'thing' for the bathroom.. it is his original safe spot... When I am sitting on the pot, he runs right over for love.. weird.. and then, I had to put his food in the bathroom because he was afraid to venture anywhere else for it...

Right now, he seems not to know what a scratching post is, what a paper bag is for, what a box is for.. he is too afraid. I bought a spray bottle of catnip. It worked for a few minutes, then eh wen back under my bed... poor thing..

He needs time to adjust.. and he seems to be afraid of sunlight!! so strange.. I wonder if he was kept inside a bathroom, during the day, and allowed to roam at night??

Here he is:
View attachment 261130
Oh G, is such a handsome boy..😽 how wonderful that you both found each other. Like everyone says he’ll come around. I bet he already has!😻 May you both enjoy your life together for many years to come. You’re his Angel & he yours. Geoffrey, you are just “Purrfect”..!🐾😙🐾

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing about Geoffrey: he is always cleaning himself; yet, after he uses the litter box, he does not wash the area!!!!

He does has a stinky bum. I tell him. I know it is from his anal glands. They are working, but he needs to wash the area more often. P-ew.

He is very upset when I try to wipe it with a baby wipe.

Internet is down. So I am using my cell phone data plan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey goes in tomorrow, Monday, for a dental.

My poor little boy had resorbtive lesions on at least one tooth. So one extraction. Maybe more, depending on the result of his x-rays.

Geoffrey has been dodo good. His last dose of Prozac was on Christmas Day.
He had done remarkably without it.

Concerned about the dental. Have to withhold food at 11 pm. Water, when I get up.

I think he will be bothering me all night. Pestering me for food and water. It hurts my heart.

Geoffrey is such a sweet little boy. I call him my little boy because he seems to be one.
Artie was much more mature, very sure of himself. Confident. Geoffrey is the opposite. A little sweet boy. I feel much more protected of him.

B30DFF93-C140-427D-AE70-22462C5C6B43.jpeg
771F1C04-6372-4ECC-A15C-412B5C83F9DD.jpeg
771F1C04-6372-4ECC-A15C-412B5C83F9DD.jpeg
AB9C2FBF-F937-42F1-AAD5-B5C4B52572B1.jpeg
7DDD857C-E341-4FB5-BE57-FAA9F081D31C.jpeg

Dot for the duplicates.

The one whether is lying on my clot, was taken on New Years Eve. He did not want me to go out. Sweet boy.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Geoffrey goes in tomorrow, Monday, for a dental.

My poor little boy had resorbtive lesions on at least one tooth. So one extraction. Maybe more, depending on the result of his x-rays.

Geoffrey has been dodo good. His last dose of Prozac was on Christmas Day.
He had done remarkably without it.

Concerned about the dental. Have to withhold food at 11 pm. Water, when I get up.

I think he will be bothering me all night. Pestering me for food and water. It hurts my heart.

Geoffrey is such a sweet little boy. I call him my little boy because he seems to be one.
Artie was much more mature, very sure of himself. Confident. Geoffrey is the opposite. A little sweet boy. I feel much more protected of him.

View attachment 318379View attachment 318380View attachment 318380View attachment 318381View attachment 318382

Dot for the duplicates.

The one whether is lying on my clot, was taken on New Years Eve. He did not want me to go out. Sweet boy.
I know exactly what you mean! Mocha had almost all of her teeth pulled a little more than a month ago, and it almost did me in. She was so pitiful and terrified (of me 😥 ) when I brought her home. I hope Geoffrey comes through it beautifully.:crossfingers: