Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That kind of "incoming!" is the BEST! :cloud9:
"Afternoon spoon" sounds blissful, too!
I'm a 2-mug-a-day coffee person. If you're out and about, it's a lot more tempting to get a coffee. Or two. Or more. Especially in places I've lived, which offer much better alternatives to that place we all know *and I don't care for.* I'm not a coffee snob -- I just don't like what they have to offer.
I'm with you on Starbucks. I'm not much into all their different sugary preparations and I can get a better "cup of the house" elsewhere. But I do love that they are usually a provider of a clean restroom when I need one. 😹

Betty is a snuggle bug. I thought Krista was a snuggle bug. There really aren't any no touch zones or touches she doesn't like--except having her claws trimmed. With Betty, the only bad touch is the one that ends too soon.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm with you on Starbucks. I'm not much into all their different sugary preparations and I can get a better "cup of the house" elsewhere. But I do love that they are usually a provider of a clean restroom when I need one. 😹

Betty is a snuggle bug. I thought Krista was a snuggle bug. There really aren't any no touch zones or touches she doesn't like--except having her claws trimmed. With Betty, the only bad touch is the one that ends too soon.
That's so great! Elvis is so scared of the claw scissors. I've clipped a lot of claws in my life, and wish he'd trust me. But he goes into the mewling paranoiac mode when I even show them to him. :sigh: As a result, his claws are a mess. And I often have to unhook him from stuff.
I used to live near this wonderful independent roaster/seller of coffee (and teas!) that also had a little restaurant and gift shop in the front. Wonderful little sweets, sandwiches, bread, and amazing gifts! I gave my mom quite a few of these. They also had some CDs I loved, world music. It was one of my favorite places. Hope they've survived through all of what's been going on since I moved. I bought my favorite coffee (Indian Monsooned Malabar) from them, too. That coffee isn't readily available everywhere. Whole bean, and I got a coffee grinder for it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! After the online help case failed to result in a call from the post office, I found a phone number for my local post office that they actually answered! I explained to them that this is my cat's medicine and that despite being scanned as delivered and the address matching, it was obviously not delivered to me or I would not be making a case. A couple hours later, I get a call saying they sent the carrier back and that it's in the right box now. Five minutes later, I haven't yet gotten up to check my mail yet but I get another call from another supervisor saying they talked to the carrier and the carrier insists it was delivered correctly. Again, if it was, I wouldn't have made a case. But I told that supervisor what the other one told me and she said she'd call back in ten minutes after I had a chance to go out and check. Well, it's been almost an hour now. I'm glad I wasn't waiting on that callback for anything.

Yes, Betty's poobiotics and test were finally delivered to the correct box. And just to show me that we're on the same team, Betty delivered a sample for the test not twenty minutes later. 💩👍

Just ticking off the last hour before I can sign off and pick up my car. Hopefully still where I left it in the condition that I left it in.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! After the online help case failed to result in a call from the post office, I found a phone number for my local post office that they actually answered! I explained to them that this is my cat's medicine and that despite being scanned as delivered and the address matching, it was obviously not delivered to me or I would not be making a case. A couple hours later, I get a call saying they sent the carrier back and that it's in the right box now. Five minutes later, I haven't yet gotten up to check my mail yet but I get another call from another supervisor saying they talked to the carrier and the carrier insists it was delivered correctly. Again, if it was, I wouldn't have made a case. But I told that supervisor what the other one told me and she said she'd call back in ten minutes after I had a chance to go out and check. Well, it's been almost an hour now. I'm glad I wasn't waiting on that callback for anything.

Yes, Betty's poobiotics and test were finally delivered to the correct box. And just to show me that we're on the same team, Betty delivered a sample for the test not twenty minutes later. 💩👍

Just ticking off the last hour before I can sign off and pick up my car. Hopefully still where I left it in the condition that I left it in.
WOW. IMPRESSED. That kind of thing happens SO RARELY these days. ConCATs to you FTW!
And yeah on those last 2 sentences.
And that's by far the best INCOMING! I've seen. *Betty might let you borrow her brush. For the photo ops, y'understand.:crackup:*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW. IMPRESSED. That kind of thing happens SO RARELY these days. ConCATs to you FTW!
And yeah on those last 2 sentences.
And that's by far the best INCOMING! I've seen. *Betty might let you borrow her brush. For the photo ops, y'understand.:crackup:*
They’ve been pretty good about fixing misdeliveries if I report them same day with enough time for them to send a carrier out to fix it. Past a day and it’s probably gone once people start collecting their mail. You would think they would simply drop it back in the outgoing slot or maybe hand deliver it (had a neighbor or two do that before but that’s RARE!). But I think some neighbors are either throwing out misdelivered pieces or they are keeping them for themselves. Some of my pieces come in tempting eBay envelopes… 🤦🏼‍♂️

Then there’s the whole disaster of EBay Economy Shipping. If it has an ESUS tracking number, the post office pretends to know nothing about it. Those might as well be thrown in the trash.🤦🏼‍♂️ Sometimes I think they are.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have returned with my car and I’m pretty sure I have returned with all the scratches I came with. Sadly nobody buffed them out while I was gone. 😔 I aspire to one day leave my car at one of those places that has guards and details your car while you’re gone. But then I’d have detailing smell for a week or two. 🙊

I dropped Betty’s fresh sample off in the outgoing slot on my way to the light rail. It’s a shame I couldn’t leave a second sample for the morning letter carrier. 😹💩👍

Betty’s happy that I’m finally home and she has a lap to snuggle into. But she’s also hungry and wants me to finish my beer already and get her second dinner plated. I can’t even call it an overnight anymore because it will be gone before midnight. 🐷👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tipping culture has gone crazy in recent years. 😹
View attachment 451852
YEAH, on steroids. Although I'd definitely leave a good one for Panko A. Cat.:lolup:
Yeah, well, people like "new car smell" so maybe "detailed car smell" is a close second? :think:
Yeah, that mail carrier deserves a "sample" of his/her very own.
It's weird about mail. It's a federal crime (or at least it was...) to steal mail, right? I always put a "return to sender" note on misdirected mail and put it back for pickup. Sometimes I have to leave additional notes for the carrier to actually do his job. I keep getting magazines with my address and some guy's name above it, month after month. He's never lived at this address. I can testify to that. And thanks, but "MEN'S HEALTH" isn't something useful for me. So back it goes, from whence it came.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is having a Garfield morning.
754CC63D-A979-4B8B-BFE7-8E22F9385032.jpeg
But she did eat her chews this morning. I brought them to her in bed and we snuggled for the remainder of the 4 minutes before I had to flip the breakfast and then we snuggled another few minutes and that’s where she’s remained this morning. I did have my dial-in team meeting. She probably kept her distance for that reason. Since that one is before my work hours, I “dial” in from the iPad and put it on speaker with my side muted. That’s probably more (non-TV) voices than she cares for.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is having a Garfield morning.
View attachment 451886
But she did eat her chews this morning. I brought them to her in bed and we snuggled for the remainder of the 4 minutes before I had to flip the breakfast and then we snuggled another few minutes and that’s where she’s remained this morning. I did have my dial-in team meeting. She probably kept her distance for that reason. Since that one is before my work hours, I “dial” in from the iPad and put it on speaker with my side muted. That’s probably more (non-TV) voices than she cares for.
Well, you could always bribe her with lasagna...:crackup:🍝*Okay, so it's not lasagna. They don't have an icon for lasagna.*

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Air quality is not bad out here yet. But just in case, I have my B-95 mask. She filters out 95% of the air I can breathe. 🙊🤦🏼‍♂️😹
View attachment 451987
Yeah, and with a slight adjustment...:lolup: Elvis is doing this, too. He thinks he wants to go undercover. Nope! He just wants to be half-in, half-out of them, while I attempt to read in bed, to get sleepy. He is thwarting me at every turn. He wants undivided attention.
And he always wins.:crackup::petcat::redheartpump::agree:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shaved a few grams off her portions this week and she gained weight. 🤦🏼‍♂️🐷
277491A2-C40F-4182-B9FF-CAB25919FCB8.jpeg 6506A6AC-C02D-4832-9A89-0C814243DFAE.jpeg
We’re 1/3 of the way through the month at the lower pred dose. I see her self playing a bit more. But I also see her a little more uneasy on her feet in precarious positions like the window ledge or climbing over me. I wonder if she was counting on some of that pred anti inflammatory effect for her arthritis. But pred makes her fat. So that’s not a good trade off. I know she needs more exercise and less junky food. Let’s see what her latest gut test says and let’s finish out the month on the lower pred dose.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shaved a few grams off her portions this week and she gained weight. 🤦🏼‍♂️🐷
View attachment 452078View attachment 452079
We’re 1/3 of the way through the month at the lower pred dose. I see her self playing a bit more. But I also see her a little more uneasy on her feet in precarious positions like the window ledge or climbing over me. I wonder if she was counting on some of that pred anti inflammatory effect for her arthritis. But pred makes her fat. So that’s not a good trade off. I know she needs more exercise and less junky food. Let’s see what her latest gut test says and let’s finish out the month on the lower pred dose.
Sounds like a good plan. Betty looks good, though, and her fur is lustrous. :hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob::agree::cheerleader:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely the KYOOTEST Betty pix! Her eyes are very ice green. *Is she yelling on you that she wants a V-E-T visit? NAW*
Nah. She just loves that carrier. She’ll be in there several times a week. It’s one of her waiting-for-me spots whether she’s waiting for me to come home from the taproom or finish up the workday. I got her a pop-up cube that she also enjoys spending time in. But she mostly sits in that one at night. That’s why I don’t have a picture of her in there yet. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nah. She just loves that carrier. She’ll be in there several times a week. It’s one of her waiting-for-me spots whether she’s waiting for me to come home from the taproom or finish up the workday. I got her a pop-up cube that she also enjoys spending time in. But she mostly sits in that one at night. That’s why I don’t have a picture of her in there yet. 🤦🏼‍♂️😔
*Waiting for those.*
*Betty, you are absolutely unique. Yes, other cats have been known to sit in their carriers or even relax in them. But doing those AND enjoying taking pills? Nope.*:lol:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that didn’t take her long at all. I got this cat cave off Amazon last week. Delivered yesterday and only just unpacked an hour ago. I wasn’t even sure where to put it yet. So I put it on the ottoman behind me in the office. Betty came in, saw it, and decided that’s where she wants to spend her next nap. 😻🥱💤
D56DCE11-6C0D-4B8B-A692-CEE5AF6DD660.jpeg 4A080A00-F42E-42B2-97EE-B60E8B8FB5DA.jpeg C86FEF58-B006-4215-8E98-8EF006AF3256.jpeg