Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the photo never took yesterday morning. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ 10.72. Down almost a couple poops since last week at 10.80. Not much else to report. She eats. And cuddles and burrows and sleeps. She’s Garfield without the dog abuse. Or the lasagna fetish. 😾🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the photo never took yesterday morning. 🤦🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ 10.72. Down almost a couple poops since last week at 10.80. Not much else to report. She eats. And cuddles and burrows and sleeps. She’s Garfield without the dog abuse. Or the lasagna fetish. 😾🤣
Well THAT's good (no lasagna or dogs) anyway! A good weight UPdate, too, yes? Have you two been enjoying rainy weather up there? We're due for another "atmospheric river" which is taking its time about arriving. First it was supposed to get here yesterday. Then, today. Still waiting, although we got a slight sprinkling early this morning.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have rain today and tomorrow.

It’s cold and dark in the front room. I have a cat in there somewhere.
72AF9415-085E-42DE-98FE-489CB9805FDE.jpeg
Actually that’s from yesterday. We haven’t seen that much sunlight all day. But yeah. Once Betty discovered the joys of burrowing, she’s been making blanket forts all week. 😹👍

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
We have rain today and tomorrow.

It’s cold and dark in the front room. I have a cat in there somewhere.
View attachment 446143
Actually that’s from yesterday. We haven’t seen that much sunlight all day. But yeah. Once Betty discovered the joys of burrowing, she’s been making blanket forts all week. 😹👍
I understand, completely.......
IMG_0489.jpeg
IMG_1449.jpeg
Geoffrey just loves his 'tents'...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Betty and Geoffrey, looking SO comfy in your burrows! Elvis is on my lap, on his cat blanket. We have a couple hours plus before we can burrow, but I am looking so forward to it! Love your bedding, artiemom artiemom . How are you both doing? And @daftcat are you SURE there's a cat in there? :flail: AH! I see a TINY bit of white floof off to the right side of the blanket.
It's 55F and darkish in this office.
Elvis will not stay under the covers at night. He investigates, then leaves. Wishing he'd try it, because I think he'd like it *and I KNOW I would!*:cloud9:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Betty and Geoffrey, looking SO comfy in your burrows! Elvis is on my lap, on his cat blanket. We have a couple hours plus before we can burrow, but I am looking so forward to it! Love your bedding, artiemom artiemom . How are you both doing? And @daftcat are you SURE there's a cat in there? :flail: AH! I see a TINY bit of white floof off to the right side of the blanket.
It's 55F and darkish in this office.
Elvis will not stay under the covers at night. He investigates, then leaves. Wishing he'd try it, because I think he'd like it *and I KNOW I would!*:cloud9:
That one she has her butt sticking out. So yes, I'm certain there was a cat under there. But some of her other blanket forts, she gets herself in there good. I mostly let her be. But sometimes I grab a lump, and listen for a grunt. 😾😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean you've BOTH been hitting the A/D??? SHAME. 😑 :insertevillaugh:
Pretty much. Ive been hitting the carbs hard again, and I’ve been putting the frosting on all her meals. And in return, she is cleaning her plates. Her prior portions were dependent on the assumption that some would be left behind. But because I could never predict which meal would have the remainder, I served like a Jewish mother. I have a Jewish mother so I can say that. 😽😹 I am still resistant to going back to daily accounting of her meals. Especially because she isn’t leaving remainders anymore. So I went back to the calculations tab in her sheet and played with some proportions, and I have a new portion plan for her for next week. Also, since she’s had her dental, is finishing her food, and is taking daily gabapentin, all my pain-based reservations of playing with her have evaporated. She loves it! 😻 I even gave in and let her play with the koosh ball wand toy. Because she’s shown me she can pass fiercer things than koosh threads: carpet fibers, and this thing; some shred of paper or tape that managed to survive transit basically unharmed. 🙀
78AB1E0C-7915-44EF-B114-C01B45CFA6C1.jpeg 1C01286D-3A04-464A-8257-6BACB4077683.jpeg
I harvested this ages ago and saved it “just in case.” I keep forgetting to mention it because she was like, “no big deal.” The poop around it was perfect and she showed no signs of distress before or after. She didn’t mind. I paid it no mind. That’s cats for you.

But anyway, she loves that koosh ball wand toy. She doesn’t like any other wand quite like that one. It’s been a joy seeing her playing again. And I’m hoping it will be motivation for me to get off my 🍑. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much. Ive been hitting the carbs hard again, and I’ve been putting the frosting on all her meals. And in return, she is cleaning her plates. Her prior portions were dependent on the assumption that some would be left behind. But because I could never predict which meal would have the remainder, I served like a Jewish mother. I have a Jewish mother so I can say that. 😽😹 I am still resistant to going back to daily accounting of her meals. Especially because she isn’t leaving remainders anymore. So I went back to the calculations tab in her sheet and played with some proportions, and I have a new portion plan for her for next week. Also, since she’s had her dental, is finishing her food, and is taking daily gabapentin, all my pain-based reservations of playing with her have evaporated. She loves it! 😻 I even gave in and let her play with the koosh ball wand toy. Because she’s shown me she can pass fiercer things than koosh threads: carpet fibers, and this thing; some shred of paper or tape that managed to survive transit basically unharmed. 🙀
View attachment 446522View attachment 446523
I harvested this ages ago and saved it “just in case.” I keep forgetting to mention it because she was like, “no big deal.” The poop around it was perfect and she showed no signs of distress before or after. She didn’t mind. I paid it no mind. That’s cats for you.

But anyway, she loves that koosh ball wand toy. She doesn’t like any other wand quite like that one. It’s been a joy seeing her playing again. And I’m hoping it will be motivation for me to get off my 🍑. 😹
She ingested THAT WHOLE THING??? And passed it?!!:shocked::jawdrop:That's terrible! I'm so glad she got rid of it with no ill effects. Do you have any idea what that is/was?
Well, hey, it's still cold, it's just changed from winter to spring, and you've both got a right, right? :agree: *I had a surrogate Jewish mother. My best friend's mom. We sort of grew up in each other's houses/families. Her grandmother was from Kyiv and she made all this amazing food that I wouldn't eat. Because I basically wouldn't eat much of anything, especially anything with cheese. I will forever regret that. My mom raved about her blintzes. 😭
So can you get another one of those toys? Obviously not, or she would have a new one already 😿But maybe you could DIY one with one of these selections?
*Ew, sorry it's such a long URL.*
I'm on the road to ruin, too, because my roomies gave me this bag of Japanese junk food i.e. 4 BAGS of kaki no tane, Hello Kitty Senbei strawberry cookies and another variety of similar cookies, hard candies (a weakness of mine but I haven't had them for yonks), and to wash it all down, green tea 😋

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news! BTW.. Koosh wand toy? Where did you find it? I could use one for Geoffrey. ❤
It’s similar to this.
GoCat Da Ball Stick/Wand Cat Toy with a Shiny Noisy Crinkle Ball Attached https://a.co/d/fxBjYgP

Except it’s a wire wand rather than a string. Basically Cat Dancer with a small koosh ball end and a wooden handle. I got mine from an indie pet supply store in a barrel of cheap wand toys for cats—one of Krista’s local Rawz suppliers since Rawz only sells their pates to indies. I tried to get Betty interested in other wands because I was concerned about her eating the koosh threads back when she was eating inappropriate things with more regularity. But she hasn’t pulled a thread out yet. And having seen what she can pass (the red and white thing in the bag, not the whole bag itself—probably a piece of packing tape from an ebay purchase?), I’m less worried about her playing with the koosh ball now. And in any case, she only gets to play with that one supurrvised.

I feel like I broke her poof. She hasn’t slept in it more than once or twice since I washed it. 🤦‍♂️ That’ll teach me. I have a rejected fountain I keep forgetting to return. Pet Food Express will eventually give me store credit when I finally get this back to them. I will get Betty a new poof or two with some of that credit.

Yonks. That’s a fun word.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s similar to this.
GoCat Da Ball Stick/Wand Cat Toy with a Shiny Noisy Crinkle Ball Attached https://a.co/d/fxBjYgP

Except it’s a wire wand rather than a string. Basically Cat Dancer with a small koosh ball end and a wooden handle. I got mine from an indie pet supply store in a barrel of cheap wand toys for cats—one of Krista’s local Rawz suppliers since Rawz only sells their pates to indies. I tried to get Betty interested in other wands because I was concerned about her eating the koosh threads back when she was eating inappropriate things with more regularity. But she hasn’t pulled a thread out yet. And having seen what she can pass (the red and white thing in the bag, not the whole bag itself—probably a piece of packing tape from an ebay purchase?), I’m less worried about her playing with the koosh ball now. And in any case, she only gets to play with that one supurrvised.

I feel like I broke her poof. She hasn’t slept in it more than once or twice since I washed it. 🤦‍♂️ That’ll teach me. I have a rejected fountain I keep forgetting to return. Pet Food Express will eventually give me store credit when I finally get this back to them. I will get Betty a new poof or two with some of that credit.

Yonks. That’s a fun word.
I think I borrowed it from someone British online. Or not.:dunno:
Well, you could easily build your own great toy for Betty. If you wanted. We've got some of those small resin-y balls that are fluffy (they're in that google search I posted) and those would probably work great on the end of of a stick-and-wire-wand toy. DIY.
Yeah, those beds and pads do break down/change shape/get weird in the washer/dryer. I've had to throw out several really nice ones once I wash them. They fall apart at the seams, or the batting/filling bunches up. I'm glad Elvis doesn't like beds. He just sleeps with me on top of the covers, and he has his cat perch/hammock window seats, his cat furniture and his "all-purpose" (read: made for humans, appropriated by cats) stuff throughout the house. It'll be so great once roomies leave, for him to reclaim the whole place (except for their room, which I'm planning to install a NC in once they leave. Because Elvis needs a feline friend. And I need a bigger furmily).