Introducing Betty White

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty pooped just as I finished cooking dinner. I decided to collect that one for her AnimalBiome sample. I don’t know if her next one will be in the middle of the night, the middle of the morning, or the middle of the day. Not sure another 12 hours would make that much difference for the sample (eg 2.5 days vs 3 days out from flox.). But I also don’t know that I’ll be wanting to do this as four or five in the morning. A poop in the box is worth two in the cat. Or something like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️😹

For science! Her pooped weighed 18 grams. I think she poops twice a day. She eats approximately 174 grams of food a day. So 36 grams of poop for 174 grams of food or an 80% reduction. Now I know poop isn’t simply the indigestible bits of food.

Source: feces | biology.
O boy! It’s like Christmas! 🎁 A poop Christmas! Can’t wait for the next installment.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a lot of dead bacteria. 🙀
I did a little more digging. Poop is 75% moisture. So of her 18 gram poop, 4.5 grams are the solid matter. Of those, 30% or about 1.5 grams is dead bacteria. But yes. Even that is a large amount of dead bacteria. 🙀

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know if last night was indicative of anything. It may have been heat. She left a couple remainders and she didn’t start on her overnight until late in the morning. I pushed her breakfast back a half an hour because her last nibble session was thirty minutes before her alarm. She took her first poop pill back on the plan without any issue. But she only ate about 1/3 of breakfast. I suppose I should be grateful (and I am) that she ate that much after having nibbled on her overnight plate just an hour earlier. It could be a slow morning getting that plate clean. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 She will get an extra hairball treat this morning if she’ll take it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty pooped just as I finished cooking dinner. I decided to collect that one for her AnimalBiome sample. I don’t know if her next one will be in the middle of the night, the middle of the morning, or the middle of the day. Not sure another 12 hours would make that much difference for the sample (eg 2.5 days vs 3 days out from flox.). But I also don’t know that I’ll be wanting to do this as four or five in the morning. A poop in the box is worth two in the cat. Or something like that. 🤷🏼‍♂️😹

For science! Her pooped weighed 18 grams. I think she poops twice a day. She eats approximately 174 grams of food a day. So 36 grams of poop for 174 grams of food or an 80% reduction. Now I know poop isn’t simply the indigestible bits of food.

Source: feces | biology.
I hereby crown you the Professor of Poopology! :crackup:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shaved earlier. Then I snuzzled with Betty. I shedded on her for a change. 🤣😾

Betty just watched ten minutes of Cat TV on my phone while I was eating dinner and watching the game. Now that my hands are free again, I want my phone and Betty wants her mice running in and out of the wall. I think I need to charge up the cat rock iPod and see if it can play her Cat TV. It’s that or revive my old phone for her. She’s not spoiled. 😹📱

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I shaved earlier. Then I snuzzled with Betty. I shedded on her for a change. 🤣😾

Betty just watched ten minutes of Cat TV on my phone while I was eating dinner and watching the game. Now that my hands are free again, I want my phone and Betty wants her mice running in and out of the wall. I think I need to charge up the cat rock iPod and see if it can play her Cat TV. It’s that or revive my old phone for her. She’s not spoiled. 😹📱
You have an iPod??? Or more correctly: Betty has an iPod? She should definitely have her own phone IMHO;):hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have an iPod??? Or more correctly: Betty has an iPod? She should definitely have her own phone IMHO;):hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:
Ages ago I bought an iPod Touch. I am not 100% certain that I did not buy it for Krista and her hospital stay and vet visits. If I didn’t buy it for Krista, I’m not sure why I have both an iPhone and an iPod Touch.

Krista wasn’t spoiled either. 😹📱

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Playing “where’s my cat at?” yesterday…
35969513-FD3E-4235-98C9-E0F5F58D0C41.jpeg
I found her under the bookcase again this morning.

Looks like I’ll need another camera 🤦🏼‍♂️😹 The old bookcase camera points at her blanket cloud on the ottoman next to this bookcase.

The morning started slow with Betty only eating 1/4 of her breakfast. But she took her meds. She’s always a pro about taking her meds even when she doesn’t want to touch her food. I gave her mirtz last night. She will either finish that breakfast or the next hairball will finally make an appearance. Fortunately after we both went back to bed for snuggles and sleep, and while I disappeared to the bathroom for morning tasks, Betty finished that breakfast plate. Mostly anyway. She frequently leaves just a few stubborn grams remainder. If she has enough time and she’s hungry enough, she’ll polish off those remainders. And if she doesn’t, we’ll make up that remainder with her weigh-in kibbles.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Odd how the positive and negative readings differ. I guess that’s what I mean by within the rounding error of the scale.
7574168B-D13C-429B-8CB1-43DC612CED1D.jpeg
The negative reading is taken by taring the scale with her on it and then shooing her off the scale.
FD18CF64-899C-4584-A1F5-17FA291C4EBD.jpeg

Also, fantastic job regaining the weight like the last two weeks never happened. 🐷👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! I totally forgot how obnoxious spray sunscreen can be. I only did a few short shots. But now I fear Betty will be sleeping in a cloud of that stuff for some time now. I have turned the Dysons up, cracked the deck door (it’s getting hot out there), and I will hope for the best while I’m out on my run.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
This stuff is pretty good, others like it out there, can be used on face too…not a spray and also good for your skin! B399893B-DE7B-4D74-92A7-A5CB8E39CACD.jpeg