Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taproom closed for holiday? But maybe a good game on? Wishing you both a pleasant afternoon full of food and SNORGLES.:hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob::goldstar::cheerleader:
Taproom still open regular hours today and closes early tomorrow. But early for them is 8 pm which is still late enough for me. I like to get home by 6 so that Betty gets her meals and meds at roughly the same time every day.

Plating lunch is our handoff. I can certainly run errands before then. But usually once we get to lunch, I’m off Betty duty until 6. Getting ready to go to the taproom soon and grocery shopping after. Betty and I will watch the game tonight when I get back. If the taproom doesn’t spoil it for me. Or rather, if there isn’t stupid ESPN running other scores along the bottom all game long spoiling it for me. 😡 I watched the Giants game on NBC at the taproom yesterday and they didn’t have to run their spoilers strip all game long. 😎👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taproom still open regular hours today and closes early tomorrow. But early for them is 8 pm which is still late enough for me. I like to get home by 6 so that Betty gets her meals and meds at roughly the same time every day.

Plating lunch is our handoff. I can certainly run errands before then. But usually once we get to lunch, I’m off Betty duty until 6. Getting ready to go to the taproom soon and grocery shopping after. Betty and I will watch the game tonight when I get back. If the taproom doesn’t spoil it for me. Or rather, if there isn’t stupid ESPN running other scores along the bottom all game long spoiling it for me. 😡 I watched the Giants game on NBC at the taproom yesterday and they didn’t have to run their spoilers strip all game long. 😎👍
You're such a good dad :hearthrob: :lovecat4: :hearthrob: :agree:
I don't like crawls, either, except for on CNN when they're not covering stories I need to catch up on, but it may be on the crawl. The Weather Channel is okay for crawls, too. But they are distracting.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're such a good dad :hearthrob: :lovecat4: :hearthrob: :agree:
I don't like crawls, either, except for on CNN when they're not covering stories I need to catch up on, but it may be on the crawl. The Weather Channel is okay for crawls, too. But they are distracting.
I didn’t used to be a good cat dad. Thank goodness Krista couldn’t report me for the times I would leave her for a week at a time on business trips. I thought a gravity feeder of food, one of water, and an automatic litterbox would be enough. No wonder I always got an earful for hours when I came home. Honestly I would probably still be treating cats like that if Krista never got sick. Just last week in the midst of all the vet visits and tender care, I held Betty a little closer during a feeding prep and said, “you have Krista to thank for this privilege and I have her to thank for melting my heart on this prior rule. We both owe so much to her.” 😽😻😚

Lunch in the books and she ate about 2/3 of first dinner right on the spot. 🐷👍

That’s going to make the rest of my night so much easier. Except for the fireworks. Thankfully I’m the only one bothered by them.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered another AnimalBiome Kitty Gut Health Test (poop test.) This will be our post-antibiotics test. She’ll finish the Flox on Tuesday and I’ll send in a sample from Saturday’s poop. Then she’ll start back on the poop pills on Sunday. She’s been taking s boulardii this whole time. We shall see how protective that may have been. I’m really curious about what this next report will look like. Hopefully the antibiotics are killing off some of those imbalances just because the biggest populations present the most targets. Hopefully the flox is dialing back her mouth bacteria as well. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty has mirtz mouth again. Tonight should be fun. I’m in for an opera.
🎙🦜🦆🐥😋😸

And some snuggle wrestling. 😻

First dinner in the books. Pretty sure she’ll cruise right through the next two meals. 🐷🐷👍

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s mirtz’ing hard. So much to say. So much to eat. So restless. I don’t remember her dose. But we may have to revisit it. In the morning.
🎙🦜🤦🏼‍♂️🙉

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never stop learning, hopefully. And angel Krista forgives you your trespasses, I am certain, because she knows all, including that you love her. And she very much appreciates your giving that love to Betty as well.
Wishing you both a good day, with a minimum of noise and a maximum of good food and SNORGLES.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She’s exhausted from a night of opera and eating. 🎙🦜🐷😽💤
2D724B5F-4594-4406-AC4F-BA49752C6F7A.jpeg
She still has half a breakfast to finish. But she did eat her hairball treats and 180 calories again yesterday. She can afford to leave a breakfast remainder if she wants to. Though I would prefer to flox her with food than on an empty stomach.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re like an old married couple with our predictable routines. She gets up and poops. I get up and poop. Then I scoop hers. And while she’s waiting for me to return, she finished her breakfast and then went off to an alternate sleeping site. Everyone’s had breakfast 🍳🥞🧇☕ and everyone’s pooped.💩👍

Now we just wait it out until next shift.
D262C35C-F9C0-400D-ADED-BE1BF8ECA2B4.jpeg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started doing some clutter stuff in the office and Betty found me at 10 minutes to noon. “Is it that time already?”. Sure enough.

I fixed her lunch, and got a treat ready. Then I floxed her. Oh the betrayal! But I followed it up directly after with a treat which was well-received. Six doses down. Not your Flox Independence Day. 😿 One more to go.

I plated lunch and got myself ready for a run. It’s been like two weeks since I last ran. I was saving myself for a 5K that was this Saturday. But it wasn’t until Thurs night that Betty even started to feel better and it wasn’t until maybe Friday night that I started to believe the rally. In any case, I had a strong case of the “don’t wannas” on Saturday morning. Good thing I didn’t register for this race. I’ve purchased more races than I’ve run this year. 🤦‍♂️ I leave the place at 1 pm. Lunch she yelled for is still untouched and she’s laid down for a nap. I went for my run which was next to the tap room. So I got a 5 oz pour after my run and then steeled myself to come home. “She’s not late unless she hasn’t touched her food by 3 pm and it’s not yet 2 pm.” And then I step through the door, and…

Her lunch is almost completely gone. There is maybe a 7 gram remainder. And it’s not yet 2 pm. 🤦‍♂️ This would be an occasion for a tweener if we were still doing tweeners. Fortunately, Betty has fallen into her routines where she can totally dismiss me in favor her afternoon sleeps. When I came home, she was wearing either the “you woke me and I might kill you for it” face, or the “I just ate nearly all of that lunch and I’m going to need a minute without you to digest this.” Either way, it was a, “go take your shower” face. By the time I emerged ready to get my first lunch, she was fast asleep. “Alright Betty. See you at dinner.”

Tldr; For all my worrying, her lunch was pretty much in the books before I even got to mine.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Floxxed for the last time. I left a resentful Betty who got double rabbit treats for finishing her antibiotics “hiding” from me while I went out to pick up a prescription and more food for her. When I left, she was more interested in “hiding” than eating. When I came back, 3/4 of her lunch was already gone. I wasn’t out very long. 🐷👍

Did I really need to Mirtz her tonight? She just finished dinner in one go. Almost anyway. She left a few grams for later. Going to be another opera night. 🎙🦜🦆🐥😸

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remembered the two cases of food that I picked up over lunch and forgot in my trunk. Hopefully it didn't get too hot or swampy in there.

Anyone else unload cases of cat food, and think, "This is going to make so much cat poop!" 💩 Cat poop in a can. Some assembly required.

Or is it just me? 😹

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…Well kind of. Because he’s on pred he eats like a whale, but, not much #2 comes out the other end. A lot of this food (quail & pumpkin) is very wet indeed, so, not too worried. But I do the happy poop dance when there’s a present in the litter box. As a PS I’m trying out your VT hairball treats which gives the presents a strangely greenish hue.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
…Well kind of. Because he’s on pred he eats like a whale, but, not much #2 comes out the other end. A lot of this food (quail & pumpkin) is very wet indeed, so, not too worried. But I do the happy poop dance when there’s a present in the litter box. As a PS I’m trying out your VT hairball treats which gives the presents a strangely greenish hue.
You’re right. Betty has a pretty solid reduction rate. Six ounces of food go into her each day and something a lot less than that comes out. 🤔 I do have take a post-antibiotics sample to send to AnimalBiome to see what the flox (what the flox?!) did to her biome. I will take a weight measurement. For science! 🧬🔬🧐👍

Her opera is just her mirtz chirps. She, like many other cats, gets vocal on mirtazapine. More so on the pills than the gel. But her ears are looking a lot better and she’s not shaking her head nearly so much. She also likes to snuggle wrestle in her mirtz moments. Sometimes love bites. She seems to be alright with mirtz moments as long as I’m around to scritch and snuggle her through them. And when I’m not, that’s when she sings opera. 🎙🦜🐥 I find her mirtz moments adorable and I try my best to be there for her as much as she wants it. But I do see that it makes her restless.

I’d love to simply get her off mirtazapine altogether. But first things first. Now that she’s finished the flox, she will be restarting the poop pills in a few days.💩💊