Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many including me do juggle cat and keyboard one way or another. Would that big pillow you used with Krista help at all, or are you already using that?
She sat in my lap at the desk for awhile. But that wasn't enough for her. She leapt down and went to the other room. I had hoped she would have a post-meal nap. She did just eat a large amount of food. But she sat at the window and started making lonely meows. And I didn't want a lonely meow to turn into that awful, "I'm going to pop" yowl. So I'm kind of propped up with a couple of pillows behind me. But what's more uncomfortable is having to hover my Betty elbow over her so as not to forget and apply too much weight/pressure to her gut.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I look forward to not feeling like I have to helicopter the crap out of her. It took her long enough, but she finally moved on to a nap. Whew! Then after awhile, I feel her stir and look over to her licking her lips. Uh..... And then she goes to town grooming herself. Oh thank goodness! A nauseated Betty does not groom. So anyway, I'm sure once she's loaded up on fur, she'll beg for that afternoon tweener I talked about earlier.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not in any rush to stuff that tweener into her and she's not in any rush to ask for it. At 36 gram portions for the rest of the night, she'll come out to a very respectable 185 calories effort without padding extra meals into her schedule. Maybe we can try for 37 gram portions next week.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky girl's stomach woke up just in time. She got her apps order in just before the Happy Hour ended and the kitchen closed until dinner. I gave her a half ounce (14 grams) tweener to tie her over for an hour without spoiling her for dinner. And with that she's projected for a 200 calorie day. I hope we don't come to regret that tweener. One thing we both have going for us is the next meal will come with fresh tummy meds. And a wet willy. 🙉

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky girl's stomach woke up just in time. She got her apps order in just before the Happy Hour ended and the kitchen closed until dinner. I gave her a half ounce (14 grams) tweener to tie her over for an hour without spoiling her for dinner. And with that she's projected for a 200 calorie day. I hope we don't come to regret that tweener. One thing we both have going for us is the next meal will come with fresh tummy meds. And a wet willy. 🙉
Hoping it all stays down, pleases, and benefits! :hearthrob: :lovecat3::hearthrob::cheerleader:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we have a winning recipe. (Until the next eruption proves me wrong. 🤦‍♂️ )

I believe the 1:2 ratio is perfect for her. She has been polishing off her portions in one go. First dinner is in the books already. Wish my workday was in the books already. Almost to the weekend...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! Pillows for the block. Dad wins this round. 😂😾
42E7DEF1-72AA-4469-8E6B-A1A123547731.jpeg E161D372-9320-4F5A-82B2-EC36EB856949.jpeg
She knows when I’m nearly done cooking and will sit in this chair when she knows I’m not coming back for more between-cook-timer fuss. Rather than force me to dump her, I decided to block her tonight instead. I foresee a lifetime of us arguing over this chair. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was a tense five minutes of worry and doubt at second dinner time between when I plated the food and got a sniff and saunter away, and when she realized I was going to be delayed by tooth brushing and bathroom duties (really just pretending to go to trick her into eating before cuddles.) Judging from the clean plate, I would say my bit of Betty hacking worked. 😹👍
22F621AE-260A-4204-A213-A298DE7090F0.jpeg

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She came up short on the overnight portion…

…by the size of her Happy Hour tweener. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

“She’s running at capacity, Captain!”

First breakfast in the books. 👍 Caturday snuggles underway. 😻

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She came up short on the overnight portion…

…by the size of her Happy Hour tweener.
🤦🏼‍♂️😹

First breakfast in the books. 👍 Caturday snuggles underway. 😻
:crackup::flail::spew:
"Make it So, Number One"....is all I remember.
Which I guess would make you "number One", daftcat75 daftcat75 :lol:

(I think I have to start and watch the entire 'next gen' series, which I am sad to say, I did not. Only bits and pieces, here and there.
I'm more a Voyager and Enterprise fan. The original star trek, too, but long, long ago.)

Hope your "Caturday snuggles" are awesome and relaxing.
And that your entire Caturday weekend goes well.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Echoing cat nap cat nap 's wishes for your CATurday and weekend!
And "how COULD you?!!" on that chair. I tell Baby Su and Elvis that this is THEIR house and that everything in it except what belongs to our roomies is THEIRS. Because it's true. And if they get somewhere before I do, well, tough luck for me! :sigh:
Simple. If I get the chair, we can share. If she gets the chair, well I don’t think she would much appreciate me in her lap. 🤦🏼‍♂️😾

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤦🏼‍♂️😿
That one was on me. I played her too hard after what I thought was a lick and pass. So I thought maybe we would play a little to spark that appetite. Well, not five minutes after we finished play, she showed me just how much she ate beforehand (a few grams.) 🤦🏼‍♂️ She didn’t yowl. It came up easy enough. And thirty minutes later she seems no worse for the wear and is begging for the plate I picked up (per protocol.) I’m thinking since she’s not showing nausea or distress, I’ll give her a quarter portion and see how that goes. I can go grocery shopping and come back. If there’s no further incidents, she can have the remainder of her afternoon portion. I guess I got so spoiled on her eating it in one go that it now alarms me when she doesn’t. 🤦🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🤦🏼‍♂️😿
That one was on me. I played her too hard after what I thought was a lick and pass. So I thought maybe we would play a little to spark that appetite. Well, not five minutes after we finished play, she showed me just how much she ate beforehand (a few grams.) 🤦🏼‍♂️ She didn’t yowl. It came up easy enough. And thirty minutes later she seems no worse for the wear and is begging for the plate I picked up (per protocol.) I’m thinking since she’s not showing nausea or distress, I’ll give her a quarter portion and see how that goes. I can go grocery shopping and come back. If there’s no further incidents, she can have the remainder of her afternoon portion. I guess I got so spoiled on her eating it in one go that it now alarms me when she doesn’t. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Was that regurge? Did she eat too fast and return it? I'm wondering how much time you let her have before you picked up plate. If she was worried that you were going to pick it up right away, she may have snorked it?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was that regurge? Did she eat too fast and return it? I'm wondering how much time you let her have before you picked up plate. If she was worried that you were going to pick it up right away, she may have snorked it?
It was a simple regurgitation. I pick up the plate only after she cleans it or after she ejects by mouth (whatever the flavor of ejection.)

I simply played her too hard after she nibbled some. I underestimated how much she nibbled. I think she just wanted me to fuss her up some and she would have gone to the food later.

Anyway, she seems alright now. She played a little on her own after a pee and she followed me into the kitchen and onto the countertop when I was plating her trial portion. I set that down and no interest. Then I fussed her up some and put the plate back under her. Oh yeah. She just needed an adequate amount of fuss and love first. So she is currently napping off a trial half ounce. If that agrees with her, if there are no further eruptions while I do my grocery errand, then she can have the remainder of her afternoon portion when I get back.