Introducing Betty White

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty has the sweetest face! :redheartpump:
She really does. And it's just a heart-melter when she looks up at me during a cuddle or pet session. She even rolls over for belly rubs! I know it's a trap with most cats. But she seems to enjoy it. Chest more than belly. But hey, whatever that girl wants! Who is going to refuse that face? 😻

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Not to mention you have also become a part of the great clan of Triangle Faces! I was informed on this site that the scientific reason for a “part” on the face is to make them extra streamlined.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is still an aggressive cuddler and spooner. But she also loves her decoy blanket. That means we have finally achieved peaceful sleep. If she has night zooms, she must be doing them in the other room. Otherwise she’ll get up and eat and come back to her cloud and I can roll onto one side or the other without disturbing her. 👍
08441829-EE7B-49D0-8B48-146480D2A183.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is still an aggressive cuddler and spooner. But she also loves her decoy blanket. That means we have finally achieved peaceful sleep. If she has night zooms, she must be doing them in the other room. Otherwise she’ll get up and eat and come back to her cloud and I can roll onto one side or the other without disturbing her. 👍
View attachment 409832
Sounds like all is very, very well there! :hearthrob: :zzzcat: :hearthrob: :sunshine:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like all is very, very well there! :hearthrob: :zzzcat: :hearthrob: :sunshine:
She still has several moments throughout the day where she wants love and rubs and general fussing over: usually first thing out of bed after I've done my morning business, some more fussing and playing while I'm cooking breakfast, a cuddle session after breakfast, and afternoon spooning, another play and fussing session when I finish the work day and change out her plates, more fussing while cooking dinner, and then bedtime cuddles before she retires to her cloud. It's a tough job. But someone has to do it. She's getting much better though. She used to be inconsolable for hours in the mornings. Now a few well-timed fuss sessions and she's good to nap behind me. Until I get up...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She still has several moments throughout the day where she wants love and rubs and general fussing over: usually first thing out of bed after I've done my morning business, some more fussing and playing while I'm cooking breakfast, a cuddle session after breakfast, and afternoon spooning, another play and fussing session when I finish the work day and change out her plates, more fussing while cooking dinner, and then bedtime cuddles before she retires to her cloud. It's a tough job. But someone has to do it. She's getting much better though. She used to be inconsolable for hours in the mornings. Now a few well-timed fuss sessions and she's good to nap behind me. Until I get up...
Sounds like the BEST job to me! *she said, while typing with a Big Blue laptop*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the BEST job to me! *she said, while typing with a Big Blue laptop*
Jealous. She hasn't sat in my lap yet, and I'm not pushing the matter. Unlike previous cats, I'm letting her come out of her shell on her own time. She has passed through my lap a couple times like a cruise by, but no stopping or sitting yet. Same with the desk. She has cruised the desktop a few times but jumped down before I could make some room for her. All in due time. She is making strides in other areas though like the dining room flop instead of meowing at my feet the entire time I'm cooking. She will also come protect me from predators that might attack me when I'm on the toilet. Very thoughtful. She also makes certain that my vertical blinds are never all facing in the same direction at the same angle. What an interior designer! 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My office meownager says, “we better not be working weekends!” Not if I can help it, Betty.
View attachment 409835
View attachment 409834
*Good catting, Betty!*
Well, if she ever does settle on your lap while you're working, especially if it's cold, she's probably going to be Velcro'ed there. I have a microfiber cat blanket so Elvis stays soft and warm and I can move him onto another surface nearby if I have to get up. It's his favorite place and since I work 365 days a year, he's guaranteed to spent this quality time overseeing the work and making sure I do it right. If he sits up, he gets snorgles and starts purring. It's definitely a win/win situation. I just wish Baby Su would do likewise! but she won't. Every time I attempt it, she bolts back to HER room. I guess there are a lot of dangers she needs to ward off. :happycat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spend our first Saturday at the vet (last week) and now I think she’s confused and slightly terrified of weekends. She’s been in one nook or another all day. I’ve tried to reassure her. “No vet today.” I think she understands the weekday routine. Fuss and snuggles in the morning. Supurrvising naps behind me in the day, afternoon spooning, and more fuss and snuggles at night before bedtime. But weekends look different with grocery shopping and errands, and my me-time beer at the taproom. Hopefully she’ll feel reassured with evening fuss and snuggles. Let’s see if she manages her daytime 2 oz. 😬
A54887C1-7446-470C-9DD1-B4B92E472CA5.jpeg 7197101A-AC48-4750-A281-6EDB97589981.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We spend our first Saturday at the vet (last week) and now I think she’s confused and slightly terrified of weekends. She’s been in one nook or another all day. I’ve tried to reassure her. “No vet today.” I think she understands the weekday routine. Fuss and snuggles in the morning. Supurrvising naps behind me in the day, afternoon spooning, and more fuss and snuggles at night before bedtime. But weekends look different with grocery shopping and errands, and my me-time beer at the taproom. Hopefully she’ll feel reassured with evening fuss and snuggles. Let’s see if she manages her daytime 2 oz. 😬
View attachment 409979View attachment 409980
Ah, so you're venturing out for food and me-time! Betty will come to know that as part of your routine, too. She'll undoubtedly get some quality time after you've unpacked/put away groceries. Your routine so far sounds very good! for you and for Betty. *Hoping for more than 2 oz.!*:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob::goldstar:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, so you're venturing out for food and me-time! Betty will come to know that as part of your routine, too. She'll undoubtedly get some quality time after you've unpacked/put away groceries. Your routine so far sounds very good! for you and for Betty. *Hoping for more than 2 oz.!*:hearthrob::lovecat3::hearthrob::goldstar:
Even on weekend mornings, we usually have fuss and snuggles. But this morning, I was out of eggs. And the smart lights don’t come up at 7am like they do during the week. She got extra bedtime cuddles. But yes. Morning must have felt different enough that she went into scaredy cat nesting mode. 🤦🏼‍♂️

The past week or so she’s been averaging about 2 oz during the day and 3 oz overnight. A couple days last week she got in nearly the full 3 oz during the day. She also has a few crunchies. I put out about 20 grams on each plate in front room and office two days ago, and there’s probably half still left on each. (I don’t know how long kibble should be left out because I’ve never had this problem before. I’ll change them out again tonight.) We’ll see on Monday’s weigh-in how she’s doing with this intake. We’re still another week away from insurance waiting period ending before I can get her a dental and X-rays. The first $1000 will be on me. But then insurance should pick up 90% of the remainder as part of her dental benefit.😁👍

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I peeked in on her. She moved from the lower nook to the upper platform and half her food is gone. I think she’ll be just fine in a couple hours when it’s time for evening fuss and snuggles. 😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I peeked in on her. She moved from the lower nook to the upper platform and half her food is gone. I think she’ll be just fine in a couple hours when it’s time for evening fuss and snuggles. 😻
It sounds like you're going to be right. As for crunchies, I have bowls out and they're out until they're finished with no problems.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you're going to be right. As for crunchies, I have bowls out and they're out until they're finished with no problems.
But how long is until they’re finished? Two days? Three days? I feel like these might sit a week if I didn’t change them out.

She ate her two ounces. About two and a half ounces. I always put a half ounce on a separate plate in the other room whichever room that is depending on time of day. I want the food to be closest to where she’s sleeping. She came out to check on me. But then after a little fuss she went back to the other room: that’s the office right now. So without much fuss or snuggles I changed out her plates and her large portion is in the office where she’s still sleeping. I’m sure by bedtime both Betty and the plates will switch rooms. I’m sure she’s thinking, “you just watch your TV and we’ll catch up for lights out Star Trek and snuggles.” (I fall asleep to one of the Star Trek franchises. Lately that’s DS9. It’s easy bedtime stories to drift in and out of sleep as I don’t sleep all the way through the night anyway.)

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She isolated almost all of the night as well. Good thing I left the food in the office last night. She cleared both plates and showed up briefly around 4am to drape herself over me for a cuddle sesh. She’s velcroed to my side right now after just completing another cuddle. I think maybe as I’m asserting my own weekend independence, she is asserting hers. 😼

Mostly…
514EE481-4283-40CA-897F-69490E948018.jpeg