Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meals continue to be consumed. No sign of the hairball. No smell of it either. Maybe it just vaporized. 🙊 She seemed much more comfortable this morning.

I know Betty is not interested in hairball gel or egg yolk. I wonder if Mr Fluffy would be.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meals continue to be consumed. No sign of the hairball. No smell of it either. Maybe it just vaporized. 🙊 She seemed much more comfortable this morning.

I know Betty is not interested in hairball gel or egg yolk. I wonder if Mr Fluffy would be.
I was surprised to see that, actually, given the brushies he gets and the amount of floofs he distributes throughout the house. If he wasn't so solid when I pick him up, I'd be tempted to think he's just a big floofball with eyes, teeth, claws and a tail. :redheartpump: :blackcat2::redheartpump:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found Betty's hairball! Sadly, it was behind the lunch she just ate. 🤦‍♂️ 😿

She ate about 3/4 of her lunch. As she was walking from lunch into the office, she very kindly put her lunch and the hairball on the laminate between the living room and the office. Cleanup was easy peasy. I feel bad for her. But I'm not chasing that hairball for her. She still has a little left on the plate when she's feeling up to it.

I'm hoping she gets at least two more weeks before the next one. But I'm sure we're both glad to finally be done with that one.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We found Betty's hairball! Sadly, it was behind the lunch she just ate. 🤦‍♂️ 😿

She ate about 3/4 of her lunch. As she was walking from lunch into the office, she very kindly put her lunch and the hairball on the laminate between the living room and the office. Cleanup was easy peasy. I feel bad for her. But I'm not chasing that hairball for her. She still has a little left on the plate when she's feeling up to it.

I'm hoping she gets at least two more weeks before the next one. But I'm sure we're both glad to finally be done with that one.
Yeah, of course we feel bad when our loved ones are sick! even if it's a "normal for cats" kind of sick. :sigh: But ejecting on the laminate? *Priceless*:lolup: That doesn't happen often here. But in the past, some of my beloved cats have been very discerning about where they choose to leave these PURResents. My one good rug was the object of desire for years. :sniffle:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, of course we feel bad when our loved ones are sick! even if it's a "normal for cats" kind of sick. :sigh: But ejecting on the laminate? *Priceless*:lolup: That doesn't happen often here. But in the past, some of my beloved cats have been very discerning about where they choose to leave these PURResents. My one good rug was the object of desire for years. :sniffle:
Of course I feel bad for her for ejecting a hairball. But really I was feeling bad that she just gave up a good lunch. I'm not giving her a replacement lunch (what I meant by not chasing that hairball for her.) I also feel bad that I was celebrating how easy the cleanup was. But on the other paw, I'm so relieved that hairball finally emerged. We both would have preferred it in the litter box. But good riddance. Here's hoping she gets at least another two weeks before the next one. 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course I feel bad for her for ejecting a hairball. But really I was feeling bad that she just gave up a good lunch. I'm not giving her a replacement lunch (what I meant by not chasing that hairball for her.) I also feel bad that I was celebrating how easy the cleanup was. But on the other paw, I'm so relieved that hairball finally emerged. We both would have preferred it in the litter box. But good riddance. Here's hoping she gets at least another two weeks before the next one. 🤞
I don't recall there ever being a furball in the litterbox in my lifetime of cat caring. Hard surfaces are great as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, a lost lunch is a lost lunch. Sometimes that happens here, too. I let them be the judge of when it's good/safe/preferable to eat again.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't recall there ever being a furball in the litterbox in my lifetime of cat caring. Hard surfaces are great as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah, a lost lunch is a lost lunch. Sometimes that happens here, too. I let them be the judge of when it's good/safe/preferable to eat again.
It doesn't look like a hairball when it's in the litterbox. But the times that she did manage to pass a hairball in the litterbox, it's that one loose one that looks like she may have also stepped in it. I have pulled that one aside, put on some gloves, dropped it in the toilet, and picked it apart to confirm the presence of hair. Having done that once, I just know the rare awful smelly loose one in the box is probably mostly hair. But I've also confirmed the presence of hair in her normal stools too. She isn't collecting it all in her belly for a weekly or biweekly ejection. But it does seem like she's not passing enough of it. Weaning her off A/D continues. We have been hovering at about 8 grams A/D to 22 I/D for about a week now. Time to see if she'll go lower. 7:23 and eventually 6:24. I've also taken a couple more kibbles out of her allowance. Now she gets four per meal. Two get cut and two get ground. She no longer gets any whole kibbles because she eats them whole and they come up whole. Finally, I would like to get her up to the two drops of CBD twice a day. But I'm going to keep it where it is for a touch longer to see if her hairball frequency holds at 2 weeks or greater. After all, it is bound fat that makes ingested hair form into a ball. Lower fat content in her diet should produce less of a hairball.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It doesn't look like a hairball when it's in the litterbox. But the times that she did manage to pass a hairball in the litterbox, it's that one loose one that looks like she may have also stepped in it. I have pulled that one aside, put on some gloves, dropped it in the toilet, and picked it apart to confirm the presence of hair. Having done that once, I just know the rare awful smelly loose one in the box is probably mostly hair. But I've also confirmed the presence of hair in her normal stools too. She isn't collecting it all in her belly for a weekly or biweekly ejection. But it does seem like she's not passing enough of it. Weaning her off A/D continues. We have been hovering at about 8 grams A/D to 22 I/D for about a week now. Time to see if she'll go lower. 7:23 and eventually 6:24. I've also taken a couple more kibbles out of her allowance. Now she gets four per meal. Two get cut and two get ground. She no longer gets any whole kibbles because she eats them whole and they come up whole. Finally, I would like to get her up to the two drops of CBD twice a day. But I'm going to keep it where it is for a touch longer to see if her hairball frequency holds at 2 weeks or greater. After all, it is bound fat that makes ingested hair form into a ball. Lower fat content in her diet should produce less of a hairball.
Yeah, but there's a school of thought around more fat making it easier for a cat to pass a furball out the south end rather than the north end. Or at least making it more comfortable to pass, either way, being lubed a bit. My mom used to give our longhaired boys a pat of margarine from time to time. Not sure if that was the reason, but they liked it, as I recall.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooped a smellier poop that didn't look any bigger or looser. But one of the logs did have a little extra like it was wearing a hairy Derby hat. I didn't pick through it. I'm just assuming that some of her ingested hair did indeed make it all the way through.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooped a smellier poop that didn't look any bigger or looser. But one of the logs did have a little extra like it was wearing a hairy Derby hat. I didn't pick through it. I'm just assuming that some of her ingested hair did indeed make it all the way through.
Don't we wish it all would!?!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty just evacuated my lap during breakfast, contemplated the box, and then overwhelmed my morning coffee aromas with a brew of her own. The second looser poop was almost certainly more hair. What a week! Although she didn’t zoom, she must be feeling better.

Another Xfinity outage since before midnight and they are now predicting a noon restoration. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Glad I have the mobile router. Been running the Roku and now the office off of it.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty just evacuated my lap during breakfast, contemplated the box, and then overwhelmed my morning coffee aromas with a brew of her own. The second looser poop was almost certainly more hair. What a week! Although she didn’t zoom, she must be feeling better.

Another Xfinity outage since before midnight and they are now predicting a noon restoration. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Glad I have the mobile router. Been running the Roku and now the office off of it.
Betty and Elvis sharing furball ejection days is weird enough.
Betty and Mr. Fluffy sharing "the loosie" is more weird than any of us want.
I won't comment on IT problems. I won't. I WON'T. :fuming:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty and Elvis sharing furball ejection days is weird enough.
Betty and Mr. Fluffy sharing "the loosie" is more weird than any of us want.
I won't comment on IT problems. I won't. I WON'T. :fuming:
The cats probably coordinate with each other. They get on the same nightly Zoom call. :runningcat::clapcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Small drop: 9.62. At least one of us is able to lose some weight around here. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I think it’s a combination of the thinning of her A/D mix and her eventful midweek. 😿
IMG_0775.jpeg IMG_0776.jpeg IMG_0779.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bravo, Betty! and you're looking very bright-eyed and triumphant 🥰 :hearthrob::cutecat::hearthrob: *Tell your dad not to focus overmuch on that. When it's this hot, no one needs more stress. LOTS of water. And a happy taproom afternoon, hopefully.*
I'm less concerned than jealous. 😸 If I gain any more weight, I'm going to need a conceal carry permit for the top button on my shorts.
Actual family picture of Betty teasing me for my chonkness: :redtabby::gingercat: Oh how the tables have turned! 😞😼

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm less concerned than jealous. 😸 If I gain any more weight, I'm going to need a conceal carry permit for the top button on my shorts.
Actual family picture of Betty teasing me for my chonkness: :redtabby::gingercat: Oh how the tables have turned! 😞😼
Do they allow those up there? :crackup:*Mourns the last bagel just finished for lunch* *It was a sesame* *So I got the added benefit of all the loose sesame seeds, too* :insertevillaugh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they allow those up there? :crackup:*Mourns the last bagel just finished for lunch* *It was a sesame* *So I got the added benefit of all the loose sesame seeds, too* :insertevillaugh:
Give it a minute and all the gun laws will eventually be overturned by that horrible SCOTUS decision that literally set us back 250 years—including the law that Hunter Biden was just convicted on. This one was President Joe’s signature gun safety law, and it will almost certainly be gutted or nullified if and when Hunter’s appeal makes it all the way up to SCOTUS.