Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops! I just got up and picked up a plate with almost 1/3 still remaining. I had the good sense to weigh the remainder before I dumped it And just as I’m getting ready to fix her breakfast, I look at the clock. Dang it! It’s not breakfast time yet. 🤦🏼‍♂️ It’s only my first bathroom break of the night. Betty still had four more hours (half a night) left on her remainder. As long as I was starting another meal (hot water bath for the fridge cans first), I quickly got together her remainder’s worth on a newly washed plate. Hopefully she’ll forgive my misstep.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, rub it in. I can take it. I'm strong. I'm imPURRvious to the kyoot.
*So I lied.*🤥
You should see Mr. Fluffy's paws. They're like lynx paws. I thought Elvis' paws were ginormous. These are SNOWSHOEY (and I'm not referring to the cat type!) I clipped his front claws this morning while he was in my lap. He was 100% chill, not nervous at all. I'm really glad, because his claws were like kitten claws -- hypodermic scimitars. I have holes in my leg already from them.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty was two-fisting it earlier. It was almost a threeway. But her little arms couldn’t reach the pickle without moving from her sploot spot. 😹
IMG_0526.jpeg

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. We had a good run of almost two weeks without a hairball. It hasn’t happened yet. But it seems like she’s on that trajectory. She only nibbled the kibble layer off of breakfast. Didn’t even ask for her breakfast treat (her treat given at my breakfast time.) I wouldn’t have given it anyway. We have a “no treats without eats” policy here after repeated mistakes otherwise.

That’s the face of a passenger on the struggle bus. Hopefully it will work its way through and out the other end.

IMG_0574.jpeg
And now she has the licks and swallows like she’s swallowing back nausea before it comes up. It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I don’t want it to happen. But if it’s going to happen, I’d like her to get through it more quickly than drag it out all morning.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well. We had a good run of almost two weeks without a hairball. It hasn’t happened yet. But it seems like she’s on that trajectory. She only nibbled the kibble layer off of breakfast. Didn’t even ask for her breakfast treat (her treat given at my breakfast time.) I wouldn’t have given it anyway. We have a “no treats without eats” policy here after repeated mistakes otherwise.

That’s the face of a passenger on the struggle bus. Hopefully it will work its way through and out the other end.

View attachment 478168
And now she has the licks and swallows like she’s swallowing back nausea before it comes up. It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I don’t want it to happen. But if it’s going to happen, I’d like her to get through it more quickly than drag it out all morning.
We have that "no treats without eats" policy here, too. They crave the treats. But if they don't make inroads on their eats by bedtime...well, yeah, I cave. But food is available through the night and if it's not mostly finished by 7am, they get a lecture. :sigh: I will have to say that they've usually been pretty amenable by that time. Nothing like an eight-hour stretch to create hunger in the finickiest of felines ;)
Really hoping Ms. Betty has reached her stop and gotten off that bus. :hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have that "no treats without eats" policy here, too. They crave the treats. But if they don't make inroads on their eats by bedtime...well, yeah, I cave. But food is available through the night and if it's not mostly finished by 7am, they get a lecture. :sigh: I will have to say that they've usually been pretty amenable by that time. Nothing like an eight-hour stretch to create hunger in the finickiest of felines ;)
Really hoping Ms. Betty has reached her stop and gotten off that bus. :hearthrob::lovecat4::hearthrob:
No sign of hairball on the carpet or in the litterbox. She does seem to be on the mend. But she's still nibbling. She managed to eat half of breakfast and that's about where she is on lunch right now. She seems less nauseated, though.

I ran out of her hemp oil. I'm not sure if the new one agrees with her. I was able to get three more drops of her usual brand out of the bottle for lunch. I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner. I might skip the new drops at dinner and double up at second dinner like I'm supposed to (2 drops twice a day apart from other meds is what the instructions say.) This new oil is full spectrum hemp extract mixed in with wild salmon oil. She hasn't really been a fish girl since I've had her. Her regular hemp oil just shipped from across the country. It probably won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No sign of hairball on the carpet or in the litterbox. She does seem to be on the mend. But she's still nibbling. She managed to eat half of breakfast and that's about where she is on lunch right now. She seems less nauseated, though.

I ran out of her hemp oil. I'm not sure if the new one agrees with her. I was able to get three more drops of her usual brand out of the bottle for lunch. I'm not sure what we're doing for dinner. I might skip the new drops at dinner and double up at second dinner like I'm supposed to (2 drops twice a day apart from other meds is what the instructions say.) This new oil is full spectrum hemp extract mixed in with wild salmon oil. She hasn't really been a fish girl since I've had her. Her regular hemp oil just shipped from across the country. It probably won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday.
Hoping she maintains and also that she'll tough it out with the salmon until her regular supply arrives :winkcat: Is it still hot up there? That could maybe be the cause of her nibbling. My cats have always eaten less in hot weather. Ditto, me.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping she maintains and also that she'll tough it out with the salmon until her regular supply arrives :winkcat: Is it still hot up there? That could maybe be the cause of her nibbling. My cats have always eaten less in hot weather. Ditto, me.
It's actually cooler today than it has been most of the week. But maybe the cumulative heat finally got to her. She's been doing alright with the heat this week. She does spend more time in her floor cave than her ottoman cave. I assume it's cooler down there because she's barely slept in that cave since I washed its pad sometime last year. ("Hey! That was my stink you took away there.)

I got her a new Yeow banana a long time ago and it had been sitting in the key tray by the door. I finally got around to taking the plastic hang tag off it and the other fabric tag and stickers. When I presented it to her, she was like, "hmm. what's this?" But after I had left it with her and went back into the office to go back to work, I saw just her feet bunny kicking the cream pie out of that banana. 😸 The rest of her was out of (door) frame or I would have pulled out the phone to record it.

I'm feeling less like she's going to bring something up. At least today. But I am still concerned by the remainders. She still has another hour on lunch.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's actually cooler today than it has been most of the week. But maybe the cumulative heat finally got to her. She's been doing alright with the heat this week. She does spend more time in her floor cave than her ottoman cave. I assume it's cooler down there because she's barely slept in that cave since I washed its pad sometime last year. ("Hey! That was my stink you took away there.)

I got her a new Yeow banana a long time ago and it had been sitting in the key tray by the door. I finally got around to taking the plastic hang tag off it and the other fabric tag and stickers. When I presented it to her, she was like, "hmm. what's this?" But after I had left it with her and went back into the office to go back to work, I saw just her feet bunny kicking the cream pie out of that banana. 😸 The rest of her was out of (door) frame or I would have pulled out the phone to record it.

I'm feeling less like she's going to bring something up. At least today. But I am still concerned by the remainders. She still has another hour on lunch.
A vid of the bunny-kicking would be welcomed, too, you know; banana cream pie was my dad's favorite 🍌🥧
Yeah, heat rises. And Betty's mom didn't raise no fool. :winkcat:
It's always interesting to get up and walk through the house, seeing toys misplaced and searching for those hidden by a certain someone. Elvis will play with a 'nip-and/or-'vine laced toy but he doesn't run them around or hide them. Those Yeoww! fruits pack quite a punch. 😻🍌🍋🍎

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty seems to have rebounded. She finished her dinner. I put 1 drop of the new CBD (and salmon) oil in her second dinner and she finished that. No oil in breakfast and it looks like she’ll finish this meal too. Her early morning poop was not a scary hairy affair like I was expecting. I’m going to give her one drop of the new oil in the non-medicine meals: lunch and second dinner. I can add a second drop in a few days when I’m sure it’s agreeing with her. Her other oil was the hemp extract in a neutral carrier: either olive or coconut. This one is bigger drops because it’s a bigger dropper and the carrier is salmon oil. Not as neutral as olive or coconut. Perhaps getting it in consecutive meals upset her sensitive tummy.

Who knows? I’m just glad she didn’t pop yesterday and seems to be feeling better again today.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There we go!

Betty just had the hairball poop and now she’s zooming like a kitten. 🏎
IMG_0615.jpeg
Look at the mess she made of the yoga towel. No shame!

Still zooming! Makes me think maybe I was over medicating her on the hemp oil. 🤦🏼‍♂️

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There we go!

Betty just had the hairball poop and now she’s zooming like a kitten. 🏎
View attachment 478225
Look at the mess she made of the yoga towel. No shame!

Still zooming! Makes me think maybe I was over medicating her on the hemp oil. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Betty is bright-eyed and shiny-furred! and it's great that everything went well. *One never knows with cats.* But a good result is a good result and something to zoom about. :hearthrob: :runningcat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what that was about. But Betty just had a round of crying spits—the awful prophetic crying meow followed by a couple of unproductive spits. Maybe she was just unusually hungry after such a spirited zoom session. Nothing came up except maybe a little bit of stomach acid and saliva. I saw her do it and a minute later I can’t even find where she did it. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I guess that’s a barefoot surprise for later. 😹. And she doesn’t seem any worse for the wear. She’s already started into lunch. I’m hiding in the other room getting ready for a run and letting her eat in peace. I guess I’ll find out when I get back if that was a good idea to leave the plate down after her spits.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t know what that was about. But Betty just had a round of crying spits—the awful prophetic crying meow followed by a couple of unproductive spits. Maybe she was just unusually hungry after such a spirited zoom session. Nothing came up except maybe a little bit of stomach acid and saliva. I saw her do it and a minute later I can’t even find where she did it. 🤦🏼‍♂️ I guess that’s a barefoot surprise for later. 😹. And she doesn’t seem any worse for the wear. She’s already started into lunch. I’m hiding in the other room getting ready for a run and letting her eat in peace. I guess I’ll find out when I get back if that was a good idea to leave the plate down after her spits.
Sometimes it can be a false alarm.
Enjoy your run! and hoping Betty enjoys her food, slowly and calmly. Cats are so sensitive...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She finished breakfast. She finished lunch. Dinner is looking close. She may or may not finish dinner. But I’m not terribly concerned about the remainder.

Got the weight bench. I guess I should have a look at my next few workouts in my book with the lens that I could do them more easily now. Perhaps I work in a pre-taproom workout this weekend.

Run was good. Still a lot slower than last summer (before I strained my ankles and couldn’t run and then didn’t want to run as the weather turned.) I went on to eBay and found new old stock of a previous running shoe I liked. Yay autism! Today’s run was a fair bit swifter (at least the first mile) than runs earlier this summer with old shoes. Now if I can just find more copies of the run shirt that I like that I keep washing in the shower so I can use it again before the next load of laundry. It doesn’t look like North Face makes this exact shirt anymore. But maybe if I can get my butt to an REI, I can see if they have a workable update.

Got Betty’s gabapentin refilled this week. I thought I heard the vet tech answering the phone say, “oh 💩” when I called it in, like, “is it that time already?” No offense taken if that was actually what I heard. Maybe she mentioned something to the doc or maybe the doc saw that once again , a month’s supply only lasts a month. Doc approved an upgrade on my prescription from 60 mL (30 days) to 100 mL (50 days.) Of course I took her up on that. Then I realized how odd that is compared to say a 120 ml or 2 x 60 mL for an even two month supply (give or take an extra day or two—because Roman emperors!) Instead of panicking or flipping out about it, I remembered that Google can help me calculate 50 days from when I switch over to that bottle, and I can write that date on the bottle itself. It seems like such a little thing. But just knowing that I’m neuro-spicy, tricks like these help me cope and make sure I don’t get surprised like I did with the hemp oil. Trouble with the hemp oil is that I still don’t know how many servings I’m getting out of a bottle.

Betty will be getting second dinner soon. With it, she will get another drop of the new salmon plus CBD oil.

But for now, she’s tolerating a Loop session. I still have no idea if she likes it or if it works for her. But as long as I have it and she tolerates, couldn’t hurt.
IMG_0650.jpeg