Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to a half eaten lunch and a couple of hairballs. To be honest, I thought the first one may have been an overlooked Bissell hairball since it got a lot of use today. Then I saw the second one that had food and some unchewed kibble. At least the first hairball picked right up with no residue on the carpet. The second one was on the hardwood laminate. Easy peasy. Thanks girl! 👍

This is unusual to have two episodes in one day. But I’m sure she feels so much better getting that hair out.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I came home to a half eaten lunch and a couple of hairballs. To be honest, I thought the first one may have been an overlooked Bissell hairball since it got a lot of use today. Then I saw the second one that had food and some unchewed kibble. At least the first hairball picked right up with no residue on the carpet. The second one was on the hardwood laminate. Easy peasy. Thanks girl! 👍

This is unusual to have two episodes in one day. But I’m sure she feels so much better getting that hair out.
Yeah, sometimes it takes more than once. Hoping she feels much, much better and will be ready for a good dinner!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof! She just had another poop. 💩

She's also pawing at her food again. I don't know if that means she has mouth pain or nausea or she's still backed up. Or if she's simply pacing herself being aware of the morning and afternoon she's had.

We had a good post-medicine spoon on the daybed because our usual rubdown spot in front of the beauty bar is still damp from this morning's cleanup.

I would love it if this was all a reaction to the oral care homeopathic. Because then I could simply stop giving it. But the last few weeks tell me it's probably not that simple. All the same, we're going to hold off on trying that one again for a couple of weeks. At least!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooof! She just had another poop. 💩

She's also pawing at her food again. I don't know if that means she has mouth pain or nausea or she's still backed up. Or if she's simply pacing herself being aware of the morning and afternoon she's had.

We had a good post-medicine spoon on the daybed because our usual rubdown spot in front of the beauty bar is still damp from this morning's cleanup.

I would love it if this was all a reaction to the oral care homeopathic. Because then I could simply stop giving it. But the last few weeks tell me it's probably not that simple. All the same, we're going to hold off on trying that one again for a couple of weeks. At least!
Probably a good idea under the circumstances! :sigh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9.82. On the one paw, she lost weight. On the other paw, she had weight to lose. She didn’t eat much yesterday. But she made up for it this morning. I think she turned the corner.
FA356B33-2B34-4CC4-BD98-343ECDA90032.jpeg 5E12D12E-A988-48BC-8EC2-86C6904E71D2.jpeg B5C01ADA-0F14-40BE-85B3-D967E7B09E1B.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how her expression sometimes says: “I’m doing this. I don’t know WHY I’m doing this, but aren’t I being a good kitty. Plus we get to lap time sooner if I do.”

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She pretty much knows the drill now. I grab the scale and the bag of treats. That’s usually enough. But if I need extra summoning skills, I punch a few buttons on the microwave. She has leaned that I set a timer and then have that much time to fuss her over until I have to do the next cooking thing. Once I see her starting on her way to the scale, I’ll turn it on and place a treat at one end of it. I used to have to lift her butt onto the scale. But now she knows to climb onto it completely (or she’s getting her bum lifted skyward and placed on the scale.) By the time I am taking photos, she’s already had her treat. The expression you see here is, “was that it?” And yes. She does know that lap time is just a couple of cooking intervals after this. She knows the difference between I set a timer and come down to “squish your face” and when I am finishing up and “we’ll meet in the chair in a minute.” After the squish intervals, she moves to the chair and sits next to it until I sit in it. Then I get my twice daily junk punch as her aim is impeccable. 😲 Thankfully her weight distribution on her landings is also above reproach. 😹

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She pretty much knows the drill now. I grab the scale and the bag of treats. That’s usually enough. But if I need extra summoning skills, I punch a few buttons on the microwave. She has leaned that I set a timer and then have that much time to fuss her over until I have to do the next cooking thing. Once I see her starting on her way to the scale, I’ll turn it on and place a treat at one end of it. I used to have to lift her butt onto the scale. But now she knows to climb onto it completely (or she’s getting her bum lifted skyward and placed on the scale.) By the time I am taking photos, she’s already had her treat. The expression you see here is, “was that it?” And yes. She does know that lap time is just a couple of cooking intervals after this. She knows the difference between I set a timer and come down to “squish your face” and when I am finishing up and “we’ll meet in the chair in a minute.” After the squish intervals, she moves to the chair and sits next to it until I sit in it. Then I get my twice daily junk punch as her aim is impeccable. 😲 Thankfully her weight distribution on her landings is also above reproach. 😹
She definitely knows the drill!
With Elvis, it's directions. If I go straight out of the bedroom, that almost always means food. If I turn left and then right, that's scooping. Left means the mailbox or the verandah, where UPS has left our deliveries most of the time.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had a mouse drowning the other night. While looking for another in my toy bin, I found a crab. If she’s going to drown her toys, they had better be able to swim. 🦀😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had a mouse drowning the other night. While looking for another in my toy bin, I found a crab. If she’s going to drown her toys, they had better be able to swim. 🦀😻
It's been quite awhile since we had a drowning in the furmily, but I remember them fondly. There's nothing like a sodden cat toy to liven up your life--and your cat's!:lolup::crackup:🦀

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been quite awhile since we had a drowning in the furmily, but I remember them fondly. There's nothing like a sodden cat toy to liven up your life--and your cat's!:lolup::crackup:🦀
I don't expect drowned mice are safe to dry and re-use. In any case, I pay a dollar or two for these and always have a few in reserve in the toy bin. I would frequently bring new ones home for Krista. And she would pitch them under the stove or the fridge. I don't remember buying the crab. But Betty approves. And in case you didn't know, crabslaughter is pronounced "crabs laughter." 🦀😸

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love the plaintive, faint “meow” in the background. Is that her bloodcurdling huntress cry?
That's her war cries. That's also her, "I just finished peeing" cries (I've asked and the vet says no crystals. Must just be her thing.) And sometimes she'll cry like that in the afternoon while staring out the window. She knows when I'm home. So more often than not, I just let her sing her songs. I know the pre-barf moan sounds much different. That one I'm more likely to come out to wherever she is to make sure she barfs somewhere my Bissell can reach. 😸

What's pawsitively endearing is her little silent meows when she wants to communicate with me, but doesn't feel like raising her voice.