Introducing Another Feral Kitty To The Household

crazeaboutcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone,
Well I am back, seeking your advice (s) again. Thanks to you all for the sage help, Romeo the TNR cat that we brough into our existing household of 4 cats will be celebrating his 2nd year in our house. He always has to think to fight his instincts to run but he is a huge part or our family now. He found his best friend in one of our other cats, sleeps with me at night, tolerates my husband and lolls around the fireplace like a misplaced sea otter (on his back)! I love and respect him tenderly.

A few months ago another one showed up with a completely different personality. Cautious of us but with the bribery of food, she is very loving, playful and passionate. She has a bad habit of swiping after being pet and also biting, not in a bad way, just possesive. We named her Miss Cleo.

She was hunting our birds actively so I fixed that problem with a collar and three bells.
I bought her a great little heated house for her and she sleeps there every night. She is absolutly fearless, not afraid of new things, garage doors, leaf blowers, cars.......follows around the yard like a dog.

The thing is I want to bring her in before her fearlessness get her killed.

Unlike Romeo, she doesn't seem all that desperate to want in and is content to stay close to home and not wander too far.

She does come into the screened porch and peer into the sliding glass door. Romeo when seeing her runs over and starts scratching at the glass to get out, or see her. I have cracked the door and inch or so and he is very curious and she seems very aggressive by putting her paw through the opening and reaching for him. I don't know is she is being curious or wants to tear him to shreds.

I am concerned that she might not get along with everyone because she is so fearless, and a female while all the others are males. We have learned through the years that the female cats we had were never as comfortable as the males in a multi-cat household and were downright bitchy.

Even as it is, everyone gets along except one cat, Ziti...who really is a pain to everyone and we have managed to avoid any full on cat fights. The thing with Romeo is that he is very submissive and well meaning, not a mean bone in his body. Miss Cleo on the other hand, is very self-possessed and I would consider aggressive.

I know the routine, the vet visit, sequestering her in her own room....slow introductions etc but need to hear some advice. Should I even try bringing her inside or should we keep her an outside Kitty? Any suggestions or tricks would be appreciated. I just really want to avoid any flying fur and bloodshed!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely try to bring her inside. She just seems so sweet.

You will greatly reduce the fur flying if you take things slowly. Some cats adjust quite quickly while others take long amounts of time. I like to use Feliway multi cat plug ins as well as composure calming treats or liquid to help my cats all stay calm.