Introducing adult cats..

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! This might help;

On TCS we ask that people do not post links to videos, but load them to the site.
The sites that are currently available for download are listed below these instructions but you'll also find them listed under the URL box when you post there.

To post your video:
In the toolbar at the top of the post, click on the small arrow as shown:

Insert box.jpg

It will produce a drop down box.
Click on the Media option:

Media drop down box.jpg

A box will appear where you can paste the URL. Paste it there, then click 'continue' at the bottom and your video should appear.
If it doesn't, it is from a source that is not accommodated by this platform.

URL for media.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ntlaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We got to a point where we felt comfortable getting the boys in the same room. The resident cat hissed and started yelling. We broke it up Before they could really fight.

Feeling a little discouraged. Mine are too scared/skittish and his is a little aggressive (he ambushes, will bite legs/feet but not draw blood)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there--we're in their world when we're working to introduce cats to other cats. Time and lots of patience are your best friends 💕

Ntlaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So here we’re 8 months later and our cats are finally able to be in the same room together. No fighting. This has been for about a week. My female cat is cool with the resident cat. She’s already licking his face and playing.

My male cat still hisses and hides, sometimes growls. the resident cat,also male, tends to seek him. Or if either of mine leave their safe room he will run up to them and chase them away. He doesn’t get aggressive, but I worry this is “bullying.” We have come so far, I just want to make sure we can make it so all cats at least co exist, if they can’t be buds.

I do Have three litter boxes, three bowls of food, all in seperate areas. I have a second water fountain coming in. This way no body fights over resources. I know they said to get an extra litter box but our space just doesn’t quite allow for it. I also have more feliway diffusers on order.

I guess I’m just making sure that we’re still on the right track.And what I can do to make sure my two males get along, as well as make sure my resident cat stops blocking.

Attachments

Ntlaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another update: so my boy started hissing and growling at the resident cat. Who kept getting in his face. Eventually the resident cat did take the hint and left. Is this something that can eventually go away on its own? Or will this always be an issue?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Are you able to play with them? It might help to work off some of the energy, or can you take the one for walks?