Intestinal Biopsy: Is it totally safe?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could consider taking a sample of Giada's stool in for the vet to test - not just for parasites but for bacterial issues??? If something shows, then at least the vet could treat it - and, no vet visit needed for Giada.
Yes, I could, but they always asked me to take the samples from three days in a row to make sure the test is reliable.
Due to other circumstances in the family and the fact that the clinic is half an hour away, I have a bit of difficulties with going down there these days.

I also had hoped not to need the vet for a while, the last two months let me broke because of the many vet bills (not for Giada, for a couple of ferals).

She's still not asking for food. Never happened since I have her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried maybe some baby food meats just to see if she would eat something - I can't imagine that would hurt her tummy.
I have none ready at hand here at home.
I have been very wary with feeding her, and I always chose her food with the utmost care, all the transitions from one food to another have been really slow.
I'll try and leave some dry food out for her tonight (it's 11.30pm here) and see if it helps.

My other guess is that the new canned food is giving her troubles.
If a few days of dry food help her, I will consider this possibility.

Thanks so much for your great support!