Interview vibes needed!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys can I ask a favor? I have gotten completely fed up with my job. since May I have not worked more than 3 days a week... thats only 24 hours a week! I cant live off of that! My bank account has $15 in it and I have to get until next Friday... not working out. And I still dont have benefits... and a few other problems. So I decided to start searching. I have been putting my resume all over town the past few weeks and things are actually looking good now!
So basically I am looking for office work (reception, customer service, secretary etc.) something with steady business hours. And no weekends! Gary and I are getting very active in our local Sports Car Club of America and weekends we tend to be doing stuff, and right now I work a lot of them.
I got a call yesterday about a contract job with AT&T for 3 years and they have narrowed it down, and my resume is one that will be forwarded to the next step. I should hear something by next week. But the good thing is the company that does the contract work has other clients, so if AT&T doesnt work out, they can send my resume to other clients that they handle!
I also got a call this morning as I was about to leave the house from a local office that wanted me to come in for an interview this afternoon, but sadly I had to work. And I have a feeling I lost my chance
but hopefully not!

All I know is I am ready to get out of this place! And I would love some of those awesome TCS vibes to help me!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of dump-the-bad-job-and-get-a-better-one vibes!

lunatuna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I would call in sick to the job I hate if it was a promising job interview!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Best of luck!

I'd also look on Craigslist for jobs. That's how I found my past 2 jobs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunatuna

Good luck! I would call in sick to the job I hate if it was a promising job interview!
There is only one person in the office at a time, so it would have resulted in a store being closed all day, and me getting wrote up or I would...
Originally Posted by Draco

Best of luck!

I'd also look on Craigslist for jobs. That's how I found my past 2 jobs!
I have been keeping an eye out on Craigslist. Unfortunately around here 90% of the "job postings" are scams... its so frustrating

odiakkoh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

There is only one person in the office at a time, so it would have resulted in a store being closed all day, and me getting wrote up or I would...
So what do they do when you really are sick? They're really going to write you up for that?

Good luck on interviews!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by odiakkoh

So what do they do when you really are sick? They're really going to write you up for that?

Good luck on interviews!
If you dont have a doctors excuse yes. Even if you do have a doctors excuse they act mad at you for a while...
last time I was sick they didnt believe me because I had planned on going out of town that night and getting back in time for work the next morning. But I ended up with what was most likely food poisoning. And because I didnt go to the ER and have a giant bill because I was throwing up, I got written up...
They have to scramble and try to call someone in, and if no one can come in the store stays closed..

odiakkoh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

If you dont have a doctors excuse yes. Even if you do have a doctors excuse they act mad at you for a while...
last time I was sick they didnt believe me because I had planned on going out of town that night and getting back in time for work the next morning. But I ended up with what was most likely food poisoning. And because I didnt go to the ER and have a giant bill because I was throwing up, I got written up...
They have to scramble and try to call someone in, and if no one can come in the store stays closed..
Wow I hope you find a better job for that reason alone.