Interstate Kitten

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love seeing updates about Kiwi! Especially because this forum is so sad. Needs more Kiwi Willow cuddle pictures!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet face KiWi has. It's hard to believe she is such a big girl already. Every time I think of her being so hungry she ate rocks, I want to cry. But then you came along. I love happy endings! [emoji]127880[/emoji][emoji]127880[/emoji][emoji]127880[/emoji]
I know, I thought that was the saddest thing I've ever heard!!

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiwi is scheduled to get spayed next month. She's so crazy, I hope she doesn't get too hyper afterwards. We were worried about that with Willow, but everything worked out fine. I guess the only difference this time around is kiwi will want to rough house with Willow.
what a beautiful little face

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Thank you for asking. Kiwi had a successful spay and is doing awesome! In fact, all three girls are doing great. Little Kiwi and Willow like to rough house and chase each other everywhere; pretty much had to hang our pictures and put away everything they can knock over. Buffy likes to hang back and watch;)

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What wonderful news!  Look at those three beautiful healthy cats.  You would never know that one of them was once a little scrap barely hanging on to life.  You've a great cat parent! 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. All 3 look amazing. You are a wonderful person. You saved a life. I think it's safe to say that you have earned a spot on the Cat Goddess' nice list. She knows who loves her babies and she never forgets a kindness.

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So we noticed that Kiwi salivates excessively when eating and chewing on things. This is nothing new, but after caching her slobbering all over the bed while licking her toy, I was a bit surprised by the amount! Anyone have this with their cats? She has her annual checkup next week (1 year old!) so we'll see what the vet says.

She has it rough;)

margd

Veteran
Purraise
It's great to get news of Kiwi- I was just thinking of her the other day.  
  Every time I think of her being so hungry that she ate rocks, I still tear up.  
Anyway, to answer your question:  No, I've never had a cat that drooled excessively but I'd look for dental issues first.  I know she's still very young so you wouldn't expect them but my Chula had dental issues when I adopted her at age two so it's not unheard of.  

Please let us know what the vet says!  

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@BDK103  Hello! 

I've never had or noticed any cat sallivating excessively, except for dental issues (as @Margd  said) or something stuck in their mouth, like a tiny fish bone that punctured my grandma's cat's palate. 

Maybe Kiwi ate something that got stuck? That's the only thing I can think of 

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a good idea to ask your vet about the drooling. My cat Casey drools a lot when he is happy. I did mention it at his first vet visit and dental issues were ruled out. I have had him since he was 7 weeks old and he is 2 years old now. He drools on me when he climbs on me and starts kneading. He purrs too when he wants to love on me. He drools enough you can see it on your clothes sometimes.

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We will keep you posted on what the vet finds. Hopefully it's nothing major, she doesn't drool unless there's either catnip involved or greenies cat treats. Thank you!

jolie0216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Every time I think of her being so hungry that she ate rocks, I still tear up.  
I know, me too  -   such a sad beginning....that's why I'm so thrilled that Kiwi's story ended so happily!   Thanks for continuing to update on her :)

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat drools excessively when she is excited, which she loves to shake all over me lol. she has always done this. No dental issues or nausea thank goodness. Hope all is well with your little one too

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After her checkup with the vet, nothing was found during the examination. She is a very healthy young cat and we concluded that is was more slobbering over catnit, food or toys rather than just drooling in general. She doesn't salivate unless she's eating snacks off your hand or licking a catnip toy, so everything is good!

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Great news!  Thanks for letting us know all is well!