Interstate Kitten

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking this baby in. Thanks to you and your wife, she has a chance now.

That's great that she is already playing well with your other cat.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

The cat on the left is Willow, and the one on the right if Buffy. The kitten is, of course, little kiwi after her first Dawn bath. Next time I won't upload straight to the site, as a web developer I know some admins like to save server space when necessary. I'll start an album on Google Plus and link to there. Thanks everyone for the kind words!
We're absolutely fine with uploading to the thread @BDK103

And we can see the progress of your gorgeous new girl.

What a lovely story.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kiwi goes in for another round of shots Friday and to see why her eyes have been watery after she eats. It only happens right after she eats, otherwise a little sneezing every other day when we're around. Wondering if maybe her URI never fully cleared up. She still acts like a healthy kitten. Picture below is her with big sis Willow.

Last edited:

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look SO much alike! Good for Willow for taking Kiwi under her wing. I'll bet that her maternal instincts are kicking in when she sees that tiny little kitten.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

They look SO much alike! Good for Willow for taking Kiwi under her wing. I'll bet that her maternal instincts are kicking in when she sees that tiny little kitten.
I was thinking the same thing. They could easily pass for mother and daughter. Willow looks every bit the protective mama 

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is little Kiwi doing? I would love to see some more pictures. Thanks again for taking her in and nursing her back to health. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bdk103

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Coming right up! Kiwi is growing rapidly and getting into trouble always. She is not allowed in the laundry room, but sneaks past me so fast sometimes I can't see her. We franticly looked for nearly an hour for her the other day and didn't know what to do; of course, she was in the laundry room investigating our storage bins.

She had her 2nd round of shots last week. She checked out very healthy, no more watery eyes and has one more round of shots in 3 weeks (rabbies). Her and willow are in fact besties.

On a side note, our older cat Buffy also had her annual checkup and had a yeast infection in her ears and is now being treated for that, however, her blood work and urinalysis was perfect. Her urine was a bit concentrated, so we will keep pushing her to eat more wet food.

I will get a few more photos from my wife's phone after work and add to this posting. I added an extra photo of Willow, because she deserves credit for being a great mentor. Thanks!

Last edited:

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really helps to restore my faith in humanity to see people like you and your wife in action. Thank you so much for investing the time and energy into getting Kiwi truly healthy and giving her an amazing home. One test of character is how a person treats the most vulnerable living creatures. You've passed with flying colors! 

jolie0216

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kiwi looks so happy 

And how wonderful of Willow to be such an excellent teacher!

You guys have done an amazing job saving little Kiwi - rescued from eating rocks on the highway and now in a loving home.  Yall are really angels 

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh the photo of Kiwi hugging willow is so sweet- it's lovely they are teaching her how to behave or misbehave :clap: