Interesting observation

Timbo ba jimbo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I live with my cat in the giant redwoods of Northern California it's pretty rule here okay it's the forest and my cat loves it I often go for hikes with my cat sometimes at night and without flashlights to strengthen my night vision she follows me at a distance and will stalk me and attack me and at times get under foot and I have stepped on her accidentally often I stop because I can't see well at night but cats can my observation was I don't think cats know that we can't see in the dark. Another observation made is that I know everyone thinks cats bring us "presents"mice lizards whatever the general thinking is that they do that to get praise I believe that is only part of it I believe they are actually trying to feed us my cat who spends a lot of time with me has brought me two rabbits good size rabbits it's my belief that My cat knows I'm it's human and has shown signs of nurturing me already and I believe she knows I'm big therefore brings me a rabbit rather than a mouse thinking I need more to eat because I'm big there's no science behind this just observation tell me what you think

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think cats know that we can't see in the dark
I do believe cats know that we are dumber than them. They know that we can't see in the dark, that we can't smell a mile away, that we can't purr or jump 10 feet high.
But they know we can provide them food and find their lost toy.
They keep us just for that ;)

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In all likelihood they do keep us around for that. They interpret using instinct and they’re instinct is to survive, we’re just convenient!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I do believe cats know that we are dumber than them. They know that we can't see in the dark, that we can't smell a mile away, that we can't purr or jump 10 feet high.
But they know we can provide them food and find their lost toy.
They keep us just for that ;)
:flail: I think that observation is spot on. :lol: