interactive cat toy on a schedule timer?

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there

TLDR: are there any interactive cat toys on a schedule timer (set it to play @ 10AM and 2PM, type deal; not auto shut off after 10 minutes type deal) out there? I'm only finding battery operated ones with no timer- if it was wire/core kind, I could at least buy a timer for the outlet.

LONG VERSION: We have a one cat household. she's about 3 years old. we adopted her 6 months ago, so I never had her as a kitten. I play with her for 2-10 min sessions in the morning before meal and evening before meal. rest of the day we're at work. although I'm WFH currently, I still am pretty busy with work to give her any additional play time- not to mentioned, I don't want her to get used to it for when we go back to WFO (work from office). she does a lot of window looking, which is sufficient for so many hours of the day- but prolly not all hours cause she does seem to have bored fits. fortunately, she has a chew string that she enjoys chewing when she is bored (I think) and she'll chew it 3-5 times a day. (part of me wonder if there are gum/dental issues but she's going to the vet next month for a dental cleaning so I guess that curiosity can be answered then...nonetheless a separate issue.) I don't think she's super bored, but I do think she has fits of boredom cause she'll go scream meowing several times a day/night. I'd like to get her an interactive toy but since I won't be home, I wouldn't be able to turn it on- so I'm looking for one on a schedule timer for set time it'll come on at like 10AM or 2PM; when I'll have been gone long enough that she'll have gotten bored. I did a quick (5 min) google search and nothing came up- maybe someone else will have better luck w/ their search term. I only got the timer toys that auto shut off after a set timer duration (10-15 minutes).

THANKS!

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I've been looking for toys like this myself! I recently purchased an interactive laser toy that my cats seem to like. I know some people don't like laser toys because they think their cat always looks for them but I've never had that problem. Once the laser goes away they just move on to doing something else. I like the toy because when I'm gone I can set it to automatically turn off after 15 min and then automatically turn on every 3 hrs (so 15 minutes every 3 hours). I set it on top of a table or counter so that they don't knock it over. I use it if I'm gone for long periods so it will give them something to do every couple hours if they chose to play with it. In order to keep the magic of the toy alive I don't keep it out all the time, just so they don't get bored of it. I'm hoping to find more options though as one toy only does so much but its worked good for me so far!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RVPN6SC/?tag=thecatsite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Remi&RiRi Remi&RiRi thanks for sharing! yes, that looks like it'll have to work as there doesn't appear to be many or rather any other option that ive been able to find... bleh.