Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community
  1. The Basepaws giveaway is officially over. Click here to see who won and grab your $20 discount coupon!

Instinct Kibble + Raw Dry Cat Food

Discussion in 'Cat Nutrition' started by TroyRag, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:12 PM.

1. TroyRag

TroyRag Thread Starter TCS Member Adult Cat

Nov 14, 2017
    Anyone here has bought this brand before? Is it good? It's high in protein and they have raw freeze dry bits in it along with the kibble.

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    Not that this answers your question, but I will say that I have it on the list for the next time I'm needing a bag of kibble :) ...

3. KarenKat

KarenKat TCS Member Alpha Cat

Apr 4, 2018
    Burlingame, CA
    I am currently feeding the Instinct LID Rabbit. The Instinct Kibble + Raw photo reminds me of Lucky Charms :lol:

I’d be interested in what other say. I was worried my guy wouldn’t go for the freeze dried bits.

Furballsmom purraised this.
  4. cheesycats

cheesycats TCS Member Adult Cat

Jan 29, 2017
    Indiana
    I’ve fed four cats on it at once. It’s always been a big hit for mine. And for a dry it really kept them in shape and thier coats soooo soft.

KarenKat and Furballsmom purraised this.
  5. TroyRag

Nov 14, 2017
    I just purchased a bag. I will wean my Ragdolls into it and give them probiotics, so they can transition faster. I am just trying to cut corners with the expenses of buying raw freeze food and its costs. I read the ingredients of Instincts Raw Bits Boost and its most "meal" on the noted meats. Is that a bad thing?

6. Kieka

Kieka Snowshoe Servant Staff Member Forum Helper

I've used this kibble before. My cats tend to love it, however....

I'd get their ultimate protein kibble and mix in a bag of freeze-dried raw instead. Either by mixing day by day or storing mixed in airtight container. Only because there seems to be a little bit of the raws bits in the bag and I have always wondered if home mixing would be better.

7. TroyRag

Nov 14, 2017
    Kieka, is your cat a Ragdoll or longer hair siamese? It has an usually color pattern.

8. lalagimp

lalagimp TCS Member Super Cat

Mar 7, 2017
    DC
    I'm all for it. I've fed it for years. Recently I switched to Dr Elsey's cleanprotein kibble. Well...it's not recent anymore if it's been a year? That's almost a tenth of Princess Yue Pant's lifespan so far so it's kind of recent.
    I stopped doing NV, moved to CP with a wet food in a split dish 50/50. Each girl has lost a pound and Amalie's asthma has gotten much better. At least half of the month the girls are eating NV Instinct chicken cans as their wet food.
    The boys had to get off NV because my oldest became a urinary cat. I moved them to NV Instinct canned food, and then my wallet said they eat too much to afford it and I began making my own batches of raw food after we tried out NV raw medallions.
    So yeah I'm all over Nature's Variety.

9. Kieka

:hijack:.... Just real quick.....

Link and Rocket are both Snowshoe (lookalikes technically they are bicolor seal pointed domestic shorthair. No relation they are a year apart and born 100 miles apart). Snowshoe is appearance wise similar to a Ragdoll but shorthair. Personality wise they are more like a laid back Siamese..... 60% of the time.

Rocket
    IMG_20180613_200836_223.jpg

Link
    IMG_20180606_171341.jpg

Both
    Screenshot_20180613-201206~2.png

duckpond, Thestarcatcher and Furballsmom purraised this.
  10. TroyRag

Nov 14, 2017
    Sooo cute! Father and child?

11. TroyRag

Nov 14, 2017
    [​IMG]

Here is my solid white male Ragdoll.

12. Kieka

Nope. He's been neutered since he was 2 pounds.

But.... The only reason I have her is because someone thought they were. she was born in a hoarders feral colony. She knew I had Link and had seen him around. I actually had talked with her to ask her not to feed him, please and thank you, but he likes other cats so he'd go over and play with the kittens.

When Link was almost a yesr old I noticed a litter of pointed kittens running around. One day she came over and dropped Rocket on my front porch because she thought I would want my cats kitten. Rocket smelled horrible, was flea covered, was about 3 months old, skin and bones at just barely a pound, and had no human interaction so completely feral and hissy. I couldn't say no and I couldn't return her to the colony so I kept her with the intent to re-home after socializing but she stayed.

All the other kittens died a week later in a heat wave so the misidentification saved her life. We have people confuse the two all the time. Our yard gets attention and someone walking by one time exclaimed "Wow! Your cat is fast!" after he saw Link on one side and Rocket relaxing on the other side. Another time a couple was arguing because the wife saw Link and said "that's a big cat" while the husband saw Rocket "no, it's dainty". They finally figured out they were seeing two different cats because of angles and plants.

13. TroyRag

Nov 14, 2017
    Very nice expression of the smaller one. I hate fleas!!!

Kieka purraised this.