“Instinct” dry food

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anybody here use any of their products?

I’ve been feeding my kitty mostly wet food, but I also buy dry food too. I was looking on Chewy and from what I can can tell, their dry food seems pretty decent for the price point.

some of their lines boasts things like “freeze dried raw bits”. Is that good?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does anybody here use any of their products?

I’ve been feeding my kitty mostly wet food, but I also buy dry food too. I was looking on Chewy and from what I can can tell, their dry food seems pretty decent for the price point.

My cats have had their dry food before. It was the LID turkey. IMO the LID line is pretty good. Their Ultimate Protein is even better.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been feeding NV Instinct for years. IMO, it's a good brand. I keep cans of NV Instinct on hand for the cats' snacks and for when they need a topper to eat. I mainly feed NV's frozen raw.

It's basically pieces of NV's own Raw Mixers treats mixed into the regular Original dry food and the food costs more than the regular. You can do the same by mixing in a few pieces of freeze dried treats of your choice into the Original dry or the Ultimate Protein dry.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I feed Instinct LID Rabbit Dry as part of my rotation, have been for 5-6 years. It's been the one food that is a constant in my lineup because it seems like other brands have dropped their actual LID non-poultry lines over the years. I do a mix of three different drys just so my crew doesn't get stuck on anything the others in their mix right now are Go! Carnivore Lamb and Boar and Tiki Cat Born Carnivore Herring, but Instinct is the best price point of the three.

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feed the Ultimate Protein. I did email the company and they sent a bunch of $3 coupons with a handwritten thank you card for trying their products. Not the best coupon ever but it saves some sales tax.