Inspirational speech from a movie

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently watching (for the millionth time :rolleyes2: ) Independence Day, the Will Smith alien movie. And I've always been moved by the speech the president gives right before they go into battle, Yeah, yeah...go ahead and laugh at the fact that a fictional action movie "moved me"...but it's true. Especially the part where he says "...we will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish without a fight..."..................It's a good speech! And Bill Pullman does a great job with it.

So I was wondering,

Of course based on true event movies with speeches from real people are moving. But what inspirational / motivational speeches from FICTIONAL movies do you really like? Especially movies like comedies or action movies where you would not expect it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The flood scene in the Adam Sandler movie The Longest Yard always makes me smile too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm currently watching (for the millionth time :rolleyes2: ) Independence Day, the Will Smith alien movie. And I've always been moved by the speech the president gives right before they go into battle, Yeah, yeah...go ahead and laugh at the fact that a fictional action movie "moved me"...but it's true. Especially the part where he says "...we will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish without a fight..."..................It's a good speech! And Bill Pullman does a great job with it.

So I was wondering,

Of course based on true event movies with speeches from real people are moving. But what inspirational / motivational speeches from FICTIONAL movies do you really like? Especially movies like comedies or action movies where you would not expect it?
This is funny because that speech was the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title before I even opened it up. :lol:

Otherwise I have to think on it. I'm really picky about what I watch. I avoid tearjerkers. And animal movies. Or horror movies.

Ooo.... I thought of one... The scene in Moana where her grandma visits her as a sting ray. It's not a speech speech; but kind of is.

• Purraise
Reactions: Jem

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

So I was wondering,

I absolutely love Independence Day!!! It is truly a 'feel good' movie... I think that quote is from a famous speech; perhaps Churchill? It sounded so familiar to me~ Still one of the BEST movies!!

Also, not an inspirational movie, or speech; but It's A Wonderful Life. When George Bailey decides he wants to live, "I want to Live, I want to Live!".... gets me every time... makes me think.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A Tom Hanks line from Castaway “ I know what I got to do now. Keep on breathing. Tomorrow the sun WILL rise. Who knows what the tide might bring”

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this officially counts as a speech, but I always was a fangirl for bad-arse woman rulers!

And the movie that makes me go all weepy:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always kind of favored the opening of 'Patton', although according to a man who served under- and had a medal pinned on by- Patton, he didn't sound anything like George C. Scott.