Inside the WeShed

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I spent the morning in the WeShed, vacuuming, swiffering, washing windows, watering and moving plants around. Rick power-washed the Deck and, when it dried, I moved the rug and furniture out to the Deck. I want to pot some plants/flowers yet. Meanwhile here are some pictures of the inside of the WeShed. Rick put the AC unit out there, too, and it's nice and cool. I'll do outside pictures after the flowers are planted.

ShedOne.jpg

ShedTwo.jpg

ShedThree.jpg

No, I've not yet found a rug that I like, so we still have this red thing at the door. I'm looking and I'll find it....eventually.
ShedFour.jpg

ShedFive.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys! This is a happy place for me. I love to come out here and watch tv or flop on the couch to read. When people come to visit, most of the time, we end up in the Shed. I've tried bringing Molli out and she wants absolutely nothing to do with it. Muffin will deal with being out there, but only if I'm with her; I would never leave her out there alone. And I wouldn't even think about bringing Tabby out; that's a mess waiting to happen.

It started out as a SheShed, but became a WeShed. Although Rick doesn't go out very often. I like to go out in the evening. And the reason, it's called a Shed is because we got it from Sheds Unlimited. Basically, it really is a shed. And I give Rick all the credit in the world; he did the insulation, hired the contractor for the drywall, did all the staining, the painting and flooring. Hired an electrician for the wiring. And he had the deck installed as a Christmas present to me that winter, with a little patio the following spring. He made it what it is. All I did was pay for it.

The couch opens into a Queen bed. I have spent nights out there and it's quite comfortable. So anyone can come visit! There's no bathroom or running water, but the house isn't that far away. Installing running water out there would have been really expensive and we would have needed a few permits. As it was, we needed nothing. We don't have zoning where we live. I called Codes and had a nice, long chat with the Director before we ever broke ground re permitting, electricity, etc.

I spend a lot of time on the Deck on summer afternoons. Come visit! You are more than welcome!