Inserting emojis

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since the upgrade to this site, when I insert an emoji in a post it randomly appears somewhere in the post but not where my cursor is positioned. This is an annoyance more than anything else, but wanted to report it in case it can be corrected. I am constantly having to delete an emoji and then re-position my cursor and try again. It typically works on the second try. I generally use my computer while on this site, so I have no idea if the same thing would happen on a mobile devise. Thanks.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since the upgrade to this site, when I insert an emoji in a post it randomly appears somewhere in the post but not where my cursor is positioned. This is an annoyance more than anything else, but wanted to report it in case it can be corrected. I am constantly having to delete an emoji and then re-position my cursor and try again. It typically works on the second try. I generally use my computer while on this site, so I have no idea if the same thing would happen on a mobile devise. Thanks.
Happens to me, too.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the randomness is what is annoying. It's like I'm playing "pin the tail on the donkey" with the computer, and then play "find waldo/emoji"...because I have no idea where it placed the chosen emoji. :tongue: :eviltongue: :hmmm: :blush:

I thought there might be some sort of pattern, or have to do with formatting, but I still haven't seen any pattern, yet.
Although, if I leave a few spaces after a period, then it sometimes works better...but not always. :dunno:

Worst is when it decides to place the emoji off the screen, and then I use the 'undo arrow' and lose some text.
It is rather annoying, ...and then I try not to use any emojis at all...which I then miss seeing. :sniffle:

Thanks for posting this thread FeebysOwner FeebysOwner .
Hopefully like jcat mentioned they can look into it, and it will be an easy fix. :crossfingers:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you for the reports, everyone! We've passed them along to the platform managers. This is probably a core issue with the platform's editor so it may take a while to fix.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found I was having the same problem until I realized it WAS where my curser was when I went back to correct a spelling mistake, etc. I just make double sure that little blinking line is exactly where I want it first now and haven't had a mistake since.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I found I was having the same problem until I realized it WAS where my curser was when I went back to correct a spelling mistake, etc. I just make double sure that little blinking line is exactly where I want it first now and haven't had a mistake since.
Thanks di and bob di and bob ....I'll keep an eye out for that, then.

Can I ask you if you write up your entire post, ...and then go back and insert the emojis?
Or do you insert them as you continue to type?
Does it make any difference?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Definitely not my issue. Since it started happening, I pay extra close attention to where the cursor is to ensure I am not doing what happened to you. Originally, I did wonder about that though!
Can I ask you if you write up your entire post, ...and then go back and insert the emojis? Or do you insert them as you continue to type?Does it make any difference?
I have done both and it doesn't seem to make a difference for me.