Inner Ear Infection

Slkrikorian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was diagnosed with inner ear infection, he had vertigo, head tilt and horners.He was given 10 days of oral antibiotics, the vertigo is much improved along with his appetite. He still had head tilt and horners, ears test negative for bacteria last week but have yeast. Vet recommend a course of steroids hoping it will resolve head tilt. Looking for feedback on signs for possible recurrence, ear look good no redness.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would say the signs for reoccurance would be the same signs you got the first time. Probably head shaking and scratching of the ear :dunno:.

As far as him still having yeast present, is he prone yeast infections in his ears? If so, yeast feeds on grain, so if you feed him less grains, this might help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Slkrikorian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I adopted him last fall one ear has minor yeast which we treated with ear drops, I have him in grain free food. It has been 6 days since I completed the antibiotics, so far no signs present. But the head tilt and horners is still present, vet indicated it could be permanent o resolve. Keeping a close eye on him and checking ears daily for any fluid

mrskittles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What are "horners?" I have a bit of a different problem. I may have to start my own thread