Injured Stray Kitten

EsmeZF

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My friend brought this kitten from her neighborhood that was being attack by dogs. Sadly they didn't get there early enough to rescue the momma or her littermates. The kitten is suffering from a broken leg by the looks of it and a small bite mark on her other back leg, causing a slight inflammation and pus to begin forming. I cannot take her to the vet due to not having the money and my parents can't pitch in due to their own limited money. Are there any medicines that I can give her to help with the infection and the inflammation?

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everyone here is going to advise you to go to a vet and rules restrict us from giving medical advice.
Keep the wounds clean. Feed the kitten well. Make sure it has water.
I don't know where you live so I can't recommend anyone who might help otherwise.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you truly can't afford a vet, you might call one and get advise over the phone, photos work great too, bring some in. Ask for an over the counter antibiotic to give, they are inexpensive, and give it as directed in tuna juice or in a bit hot dog or lunch meat if it is a pill, I prefer the liquid to mix in juice. If the kitten is suffering, surrender her to a shelter, they may help. Sometimes bringing them to a vet and explaining everything, that it is not your kitten and you are just trying to help, they will take over. Don't give up, go to as many as there are, there must be a compassionate one somewhere.
The bite may be abscessing, so needs an antibiotic and cleaned once with half peroxide and half water. (just once or it will hurt rather than help)Try to keep some antibiotic salve on it. Don't wrap it, it needs to drain.
She really needs to see a vet, most accept payment plans. You are an angel on earth to try to help her, keep us posted!