Injured kitty needs prayers/vibes

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Had an email from the director of the rescue tonight requesting prayers for an injured kitty - a little dilute tortie about one year old. She was found today in the street, an intersection close to where I live, actually, and had been hit by a car. The college student who found her rushed her to the vet, but couldn't afford her care so they gave him some numbers to call for help. She's now getting the care she needs, but is in bad shape. She has bruised lungs, fractured ribs and femur, was in shock and had low protein. We're hoping she makes it through the night. Please send vibes/prayers for this precious little girl (not sure what she's been named). Will post an update when I know more. Thanks guys.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a lot of that these days, will add her to the list.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry the cat got hit, I hope the vet is able to help her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys.

The kitty, now named Asera -- "Lucky" in Hawaiian, made it through the night and is doing well. Her lungs sound good and she is scheduled for surgery to repair her leg tomorrow morning. She still needs to be kept pretty still because a few ribs are broken. She's on pain meds and IV fluids and is eating well. She was wearing a collar when rescued, but isn't microchipped. Since she was hit in a residential area, efforts are being made to locate her owners.

I'm looking forward to meeting her at some point. She still has a rough road ahead of her, so please keep the vibes coming.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O so glad to see she is doing well.

Hugs to Asera and you. Will keep you all in my prayers.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

Very pretty name, Asera!!! Hope she is doing alright??!!
Should have an update later today. Have to swing by the rescue on the way home from work, so will ask the director then.

Thanks for the vibes, everybody!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of for sweet little Asera.

And let's not forget the college kid who found her. Many people wouldn't bother to do what he did, especially when the budget is tight. Bless him for bringing her in.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Lots of for sweet little Asera.

And let's not forget the college kid who found her. Many people wouldn't bother to do what he did, especially when the budget is tight. Bless him for bringing her in.
Absolutely.
He deserves a ton of credit for having the compassion to get Asera someplace where she could get the care she needed.

She came through her surgery just fine and will be released to the rescue tomorrow.She still has quite a bit of healing to do, so please keep the vibes/prayers coming. From what I've heard, she's very sweet and probably a little younger than originally anticipated. Vet thinks barely more than a kitten. I'll probably stop at the rescue on Sun. to meet her.

Thanks guys.
I'm sure little Asera feels all the love coming her way from TCS.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Asera's surgery went well. I hope she recovers quickly and finds a good home soon!