Injured cat not sleeping??

moreknow

learning to help ferals :)
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello again,
I posted in a past thread that i had this semiferal cat that had her right leg/hip area injured. 6 days later she can walk around but for a limited time before laying down. I want to protect her from the outdoors so i keep her in my garage overnight and she's ok with, and I try to let her out when she wants to. She seems to be better than Friday, when she was hissing and being very vocal and could barely walk, only problem I see now is that I haven't seen her sleep. She lays down and purrs and covers her face like cats do when they're relaxing but I haven't seen her actually sleep. I want to take her to the vet but I know my dad would be upset. I understand that this could be caused by the injury but Im worried it could bring another problem if she's sleepless, so I'd really appreciate some advice/feedback. Many thanks in advance :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. She is probably on high-alert, and therefore cat naps only. She might be sleeping but because she is unsure of her surroundings, slight noises very easily awaken her. So, if you go to check on her and she isn't asleep, it's more than likely because she heard you. She could also be in pain, which would cause her to be uncomfortable enough not to be able to rest well.

Is she eating/drinking/peeing/pooping OK? Hopefully, you can eventually get your dad to see that it would help her to be checked out by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems to heal up something everyday. When I saw her on Friday evening she was in a ditch with her lower body being muddy/wet (it didn't rain that week) and I felt something loose in her legs. She was dragging, trying to hop to move and I thought she would die but returned two days later, being able to walk while leaning to the side, but she can't run or jump. She has now recently been eating like before and I wanted her to go outside to poop/pee but she hasn't done so in about 20 hrs. I will try to take her soon, but i want to see how she recovers on her own. It may be a bad idea, but right now, I worry that she might hurt herself more by retailating if i try to take her to the vet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moreknow

Adult Cat
Purraise
I will :D
it's been 24 hours, and i havent seen a sign of her wanting to get out to poop or pee so Im getting worried