Infected Spay Wound

Debbiec90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im hoping someboday can help , my kitten is 5 months old and she was spayed 8 days ago, we had her first after op check last Thursday and the vet was happy, but last night ive noticed that the wound looks like its seeping, slightly sticky looking, shes had her collar on but she got it off a couple of days ago so im not sure if she licked it. She seems happy and eating, drinking pooping etc is all normal.ive attached a pic of said wound, im worried it may be infected, she has another vet check in 2 days. Thankyou

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you can I would send that picture to your vet. It shouldn't look like that after 8 days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Debbiec90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou , yes i think it may be infected

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It may be starting to get infected, You might clean the wound with sterile water and a cotton ball and apply some triple antibiotic to see if it helps it look better before your visit in two days. If she is eating, etc. it shouldn't have spread. Of course if it looks worse, call your vet right away, or if she stops eating and starts laying around. it wouldn't hurt at all to let your vet see taht excellent picture and prescribe something, topical or oral.