Indoorish cat ran away

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot emotionally deal with this. I feel like I’ve shut down. I raised Coby from a baby with my mom. He was a foster fail. At one point we thought he was going to die. He usually runs out than comes right back. I worked 10.5hrs last night and my mom let him out this morning at 5am. I saw on the camera that he ran chasing something. He hasn’t come back and I’m unbelievably tired. I came home and immediately searched for him. Nothing. We live in a townhouse thing so I put up fliers. I can’t sleep because what if I get a call or spot him on camera? I put cat litter outside and warm wet food and dry food and treats. I feel like I’m never going to see him again.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can also put out some clothing or other things that have your scent and his on them. Go outside frequently, especially during dusk and dawn - but, also any time in between that you can - taking a bag/can of treats/food to shake while calling to him. Stay in one location for a bit, so if he wants to come to you he has time to do so.

I presume he is neutered, however if he is not, this is kitten season and he may likely be out sowing his wild oats. Otherwise, since he is used to being outdoors, it could take a while for him to venture back home. But, in all likelihood he will, and hopefully very soon!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can also put out some clothing or other things that have your scent and his on them. Go outside frequently, especially during dusk and dawn - but, also any time in between that you can - taking a bag/can of treats/food to shake while calling to him. Stay in one location for a bit, so if he wants to come to you he has time to do so.

I presume he is neutered, however if he is not, this is kitten season and he may likely be out sowing his wild oats. Otherwise, since he is used to being outdoors, it could take a while for him to venture back home. But, in all likelihood he will, and hopefully very soon!
Thank you for your help. I was shaking a feather toy too. He is neutered. I foster kittens for kitten season and all my cats are fixed. I see how crazy it gets.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

My mom will be home in a couple hours and he likes her better. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until he gets home safe.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for your help. I was shaking a feather toy too. He is neutered. I foster kittens for kitten season and all my cats are fixed. I see how crazy it gets.
Is he chipped? Even if he isn't you could also give flyers to any local vet and rescue centers nearby. Even shopping places will sometimes accept and post lost animal pics.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is he chipped? Even if he isn't you could also give flyers to any local vet and rescue centers nearby. Even shopping places will sometimes accept and post lost animal pics.
He is chipped. I called animal control and they’ll call if they pick him up. I will call the vets and shelters tomorrow. I’m hoping my mom has some luck.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is chipped. I called animal control and they’ll call if they pick him up. I will call the vets and shelters tomorrow. I’m hoping my mom has some luck.

Double check with the microchip company to make sure they have your contact information up to date. Many lost pets have microchips with out dated contact info, or contact info for a previous owner, or an unregistered microchip with zero contact information.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Double check with the microchip company to make sure they have your contact information up to date. Many lost pets have microchips with out dated contact info, or contact info for a previous owner, or an unregistered microchip with zero contact information.
Yes thank you. I called them because a lady said that they gps-ed her dog from the dogs microchip.