Indoor To Outdoor?

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are looking to move out soon, and I have ruled out nice apartments on the basis that they don't have a garden or are on a busy road, as I was hoping to allow Antonio and Nando the freedom to go outoors if they want to - but after further research the internet seems to be deterring this idea and incouraging me to keep my cats indoors.
The questions i have are, would it be possible for a cat thats never been outside before to adjust to that lifestyle or are the dangers too high? Should I be prioritising looking for a property that does allow them to go outdoors? I understand that there are dangers to cats being outdoors, but have been wondering if Antonio has been getting bored, despite all the toys he has - I feel like he is missing out. And finally, what toys/ activities do you guys recommend to keep an indoor cat happy and active?
This has never been an issue before, but now since we are moving out, I want to move somewhere that is best for them and find myself a bit torn, so any advice would be appreciated!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the idea of a catio! That will definitley become a project of mine when I have my own place - but I forgot to mention that I rent!

Furballsmom Furballsmom - thanks for all the links! Just what I needed! I'll have a browse through now :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatCrazy777

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You're very welcome, let us know how things go :catrub:
The ripple rug looks amazing - its been added to their Christmas list !

And I think Nando especially would love the bird feeder - she's addicted to watching the birds on cat tv!