Indoor cat has fleas

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if this is the right forum but I just discovered my indoor only cat has fleas! I’m baffled and annoyed. I can’t get her to the vet for flea meds yet so until I can is there any powders I can use to kill any eggs and existing fleas that may be lurking? I cleaned my house today but can’t stop imaging a flea colony lurking in every corner

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You want to use a good spot on treatment, I like Advantage has it kills fleas with a couple of hours. You probably want to treat your entire home too with something like Indorex flea spray (do one room at a time and keep the cat out for a few hrs before letting it bk in)
Ideally you want to allow the cat to pick up the fleas in order for the to die!!
I don't think you'll have any success with powers etc, so I wouldn't bother with those. I'm sure the fact you've only just noticed the cat has fleas probably means you haven't got a big infestation 😊 but best to get on top of it right away.
I'd comb the fleas out twice a day aswell until you can get the treatment sorted.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had indoor only cats get fleas too. I figure one of the human brought them in on their clothes. The only thing I've used before is diatomaceous earth. Make sure it's FOOD GRADE!! Also if you have a bagged vacuum, change the bag each time you vacuum. Those little buggers can somehow get out of the bag if you don't.