Incontinence or behavior?

Koyuki_Neko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a one-year-old cat who has been having some bathroom accidents that I'm not sure are accidental. She is one of two cats, the other being 7. When she was younger she used to go to the bathroom in corners of the house (it was always the same spots in spite of cleaning it with the enzyme cleaner) but she started doing that less and less frequently until it seemed to stop altogether. Just today though I noticed small spots of pee on the bed. She and the older cat mostly get along but occasionally will be territorial with each other. However, she also has a mild developmental disability that causes her to walk with a a bit of a swivel and not be able to jump very high, and I'm wondering if it could be related to that. I just want to make sure she's okay, and if these little accidents may be just part of her challenges or if there's more I can do to help.

Anchoress

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maybe a vet opinion is needed and appropriate?

One of my street rescues now has a love of peeing in the kitchen sink or the work surfaces// And as you know a little goes a very long way..Behavioural as one of the newer rescues is not.... friendly...towards him

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Despite the fact that your cat is very young, and hopefully healthy despite her developmental issue, I would contact the vet in case there is a UTI or other bladder/kidney related issue. Once you rule that out you can look into whether or not this is behaviorally related to the other cat or if you need to make some additional accommodations for her.

You do have at least two litter boxes in the house?