In need of some advice for my ferals kitties

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

la4tunjosee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks again for helping with their socialization. It may seem like things are going slowly, but they're out in the open and look happy, so progress is being made.

I have read threads where the cat parent of a single cat, decides their cat is lonely and needs a feline friend, and will notice the original cat becomes less clingy towards the human once there's a second cat in the home. So your observation is probably not wrong. However that doesn't mean your fosters won't still learn to love human interaction. So keep up what you're doing.
:redheartpump: :petcat::redheartpump:
Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

la4tunjosee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I needed to hear that 😊
Happy New Year 🎉🎉
Good afternoon
It’s been 9 weeks today.

Just wanted to let you know I’ve adopted them yesterday.She’s letting me touch her, here and there and she seems to enjoy it because she doesn’t move when it happens.
They still run but I can see and I feel they want to be where I am.
They sit next to me and that’s a huge improvement.
Chance I’m still scared to touch him but he’s not scared of me anymore and seems to be more interested and wanting to be close by.
I will push myself to not be so scared to be attacked by him.
Still not sure how to feel confortable with him after the few attacks.
I know he was scared and needed more time which I’ve given him.
I haven’t tried to touch him for a month or so.
I touch him here and there when he’s near but he always runs away or moves, he hasn’t attacked me for touching him.
He’s very food/ treat oriented!!
Thank you for a listening ear and a caring heart, it’s helped me feel more confident in a situation that was unknown to me.

Josee

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Congrats on the adoption! :bouquet:

They look relaxed and happy, and with patience, I think there's a good chance they'll continue to become more lovable as time goes by.
:petcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So! Hurdles cleared and the bond is there for life! Thank you so much for hanging in there, being patient and following up on the tips and suggestions offered. You did it! Kitties reward us for the love given by loving in return! I am so happy that everything has worked out so well. You are a kitty hero! :petcat::clapcat::yess::heartshape: