In Need Of Help... Is This Overbreeding Or What?

pixied

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a friend that breeds siamese cats,she has at least 8 felmale and at least 6 males and she has 3 bengles cats and 5 dogs which she is breeding 2 of them and the felmale dog just had 4 pups. She also has 3 differents litter of siamese kittens. She went a different state an pick up min pinsher pup that are 6 weeks weeks old .Know this family lives in a town house with 4 kids. I just went over there and this house stinks like cat piss and dog piss.There are open litter pans ever where in the house.They feed and care for these cats and dogs I mean the basic care shots and food.But some of the older cats they got are not social cats and some are scared looking. She calls her self a breeder. Im not a breeder so I don't know if this is the normal breeding or she went money hungry?...Is this a situaction that someone should be concerned about? I have to say" that the house is a mess and dirty in they way, I would be concerned for those kids could get sick from the all those aniamls and the smell." From the out side it looks o.k.I have know these people for about 6 months and I have seen her cats give birth at least 6-8 litters of kittens and trading cats for other cats and dogs it like the endless of pets. Thanks for any infor that can be given.pd

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'm no breeder, either, but that doesn't sound like a healthy situation -- for anyone in that house, least of all the animals.

sweetshay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like a backyard breeder IMO call your Humane Society if the house is dirty and smelly then i'm sure the humane workers will have issues with the Owners. I think it would be better to make a call and let the Humane workers check the place out than not to do anything at all.

javajane

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She sounds like a hoarder to me. That is way to many animals. I could see if they were housed correctly and the house was clean. I have a hard enough time cleaning up after my four cats as it is. I also have other pets. But I don't breed them. They are my companions. Has she told you why she wants to breed all those animals? When you really think about it, there isn't alot of money to be made breeding. I'm lucky if I come out even after all the vet care and regular care of my kitties. I hope her kids don't get sick.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pixied

I have a friend that breeds siamese cats,she has at least 8 felmale and at least 6 males and she has 3 bengles cats and 5 dogs which she is breeding 2 of them and the felmale dog just had 4 pups. She also has 3 differents litter of siamese kittens. She went a different state an pick up min pinsher pup that are 6 weeks weeks old .Know this family lives in a town house with 4 kids. I just went over there and this house stinks like cat piss and dog piss.There are open litter pans ever where in the house.They feed and care for these cats and dogs I mean the basic care shots and food.But some of the older cats they got are not social cats and some are scared looking. She calls her self a breeder. Im not a breeder so I don't know if this is the normal breeding or she went money hungry?...Is this a situaction that someone should be concerned about? I have to say" that the house is a mess and dirty in they way, I would be concerned for those kids could get sick from the all those aniamls and the smell." From the out side it looks o.k.I have know these people for about 6 months and I have seen her cats give birth at least 6-8 litters of kittens and trading cats for other cats and dogs it like the endless of pets. Thanks for any infor that can be given.pd
To me (and I'm not a breeder), that is way too many animals to be breeding. You could always place a call to Animal Control and have them go out and inspect the situation..if the place is as bad as you are stating then they really should be brought in. You may also want to pose this under Ask Animal Control. I'm sure Mark Kumpf would have advice.

Katie

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please please report these people. Call a humane society or rescue near you and there aren't any, at least call the police and ask for animal control. This is very unhealthy for the animals and people in this house. Sounds like a horrible story you would hear on Animal Cops or Animal Precinct on Animal Planet.

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with everyone else.. call the authorities.. be anonymous if you must.. let them check out the house and see the situation and the law can be their guide if nothing else. I feel for anyone buying a pet from that "breeder" if you can call pimping out poorly conditioned animals in filth for a profit "breeding" and not just call it what it is, letting nature take its course while they rake in some non-deserved cash for it at the apparent suffering of the animals who deserve so much better from life. Good luck!

G

ghostuser

I just wanted to say I agree with everyone else also. You can report them anonymously to either animal control, the ASPCA, a human society, or a local shelter. Make sure to give them details on the conditions in the house, and the number of animals. I think that by this point they aren't breeders, they're hoarders. Those animals are in danger, and so are those kids!

nano

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'd contact the authorities and report them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pixied

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you... For all the feedback. I think you are all right that is how I feel .I think my husband and I will make that call to ASPCA.

passiquepersian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think that is a good thing either. I have one female and one male cat. My female has kittens once a year. I breed Persians. I think by calling the ASPCA you are doing the right thing.

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The ASPCA is a national group. Please refer to your local SPCA, police, sheriff or most prefered Animal Control Officer. Be prepared to get involved. In most cases, gaining access to these homes requires a search warrant. More than likely, this breeder is either the inhome equivalent of a puppymill or is a hoarder plain and simple. Have the date, time, location and the best WRITTEN description you can draft and submit it in person. Anonymous complaints on these are very hard to follow up on for ACOs. Any help needed - you may refer the local ACO to me at this email or have them call me at 757-595-PETS.

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unless she has a staff, and has proper facilities for this amount of animals, then she should be reported.

Since she doesn't seem to have enough people to provide the level of care necessary for these animals, and clearly doesn't have the facilities to maintain a sanitary environment, she should be reported.

Very sad situation here, please do the right thing.

Spotz

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Please please report these people. Call a humane society or rescue near you and there aren't any, at least call the police and ask for animal control. This is very unhealthy for the animals and people in this house. Sounds like a horrible story you would hear on Animal Cops or Animal Precinct on Animal Planet.
I second that. This does not sound like the best situation at all not only for the animals there but for the 4 children that live there.

SOME PEOPLE - I just don't get it..

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spotz

Unless she has a staff, and has proper facilities for this amount of animals, then she should be reported.

Since she doesn't seem to have enough people to provide the level of care necessary for these animals, and clearly doesn't have the facilities to maintain a sanitary environment, she should be reported.

Very sad situation here, please do the right thing.

Spotz
I agree..but we haven't had any updates.

Katie