In Memory Of My Gabby

GabbyRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gabby was born sometime in either May or June of 2005. I couldn't bond with her at first because I was grieving the loss of my first Maine Coon, Pearl, who was only a year old when she passed from Feline Cardiomyopathy. I never thought I could love another cat and didn't want one, but since Pearl had barely made it a year, her breeder and my mom both wanted me to get another.

It only took a month or two to start loving my Gabby. While she was different from Pearl, she had her own special qualities about her. I loved how she used to jump on the toilet and protect me from a distance as I showered. She'd meow at me the whole time as if to ask, "Are you ok?" She loved to play with catnip and roll around the floor with it and she especially liked to bribe me into giving her human food.

I had 12 beautiful years with my Gabbers and I miss her so much. I lost her to the Cancer and it wasn't easy at all for me to make that final choice for her, but in the end I suppose I did the right thing. She's at peace now and one day, I will be too.

I'm enclosing a video I made of her years ago that really seems to fit.

Thank you for listening and watching,

-Rachel

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry for your loss of your sweet Gabby. Your video of her had me in tears. How precious! I know how sad you are right now , and the pain over her loss must be unbearable. Cancer is such a terrible disease. My Mickey passed from cancer as well. I so wish I had the words to comfort you and ease your pain. This is a pain I woukd never wish on anyone. I only hope that you can one day remember your sweet Gabby with more smiles than tears. Always know that she is still with you , safely tucked away within your heart. She is watching you and thanking you for giving her a caring , loving home . She knows you will always love and miss her , as she feels the same. You were her world and she loved you so , and always will.
RIP Sweet Gabby!
Please send comfort to the one who loves and misses you so very much!
Please help mend her broken heart and help her to heal a little each day!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your video is a wonderful tribute to such a beautiful little soul. She had the most remarkable ears! I'm sure Pearl sent her to help heal your broken heart, and many times we learned to open our hearts again, though we vowed to never do so. I'm glad you had twelve wonderful years with your little girl, the bond you forged with her is strong and can never be taken from you. It is intertwined with that of Pearl now, and together they will follow your life's journey until once more it crosses at the end of your own journey. Neither of them would wish you any pain on their passing, they love you too much for that, and only want happiness in your life, just as you would want for them if you were the first to go.
Gabby entered your life during a time of great sorrow. She opened your heart once more and let you learn to live again. Your life had leaning and purpose, and now you feel like a ship without a sail. Time is the only thing that helps soften the pain of a broken heart, that and the help of people who understand your grief.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. The journey you follow now is a long and winding one, but having that sweet girl in your life will bring you comfort through your beautiful memories and the love she leaves behind. Take care of yourself.......RIP beautiful Gabby, may your meeting with Pearl be joyous, where you both will now send your love and comfort to the one who misses you so dearly. You will never be forgotten and will forever hold a place in a loving heart. Goodnight, sleep tight, little Princess!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Gabby Rose, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful tribute to a glorious cat! There are no words that will help, I know, but...love never, ever dies. It simply changes form and continues on. We miss their physical presence so deeply, but their love is still with us always.

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss of Gabby and thank you for sharing her video. 100 years with our kitties wouldn't be nearly enough. Our kitties go to a perfect place and once again are in a perfect condition when they have to leave us. It is natural for our minds to get stuck on the what ifs and last days. Grieve for as long as it takes and one day the good memories change those sad tears into happy ones. I wish you many happy tears.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After watching your video I fully understand why you are grieving for her loss. Nobody could resist to such cuteness and she surely left a big empty space in your heart. I'm already in love with her.
You had 12 wonderful years together, 12 years filled with love, understanding and friendship. And nobody will ever erase those 12 years, and your love and friendship will last for eternity and when you reunite it'll be like you never parted.
RIP beautiful Gabrielle :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GabbyRose

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, Antonio... and everyone else. Your kinds words really mean a lot to me. I miss my sweet girl every day. It's hard being in this house with my ex as it is... but now I don't have my Gabby... *sighs* Maybe one day I'll get another Maine Coon but it'll be awhile.