In heat, looking for a husband

Mu'ezza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need guidance on finding a stud for my 1 1/2 year old cat. I had her DNA done and she is 43% Persian and some Maine Coon, but actually a mix of five different breeds. I was told she was a purebred Siberian, which was it scam; I fell for it. I love her just as much even if she's not a purebred, designer cat. However her lack of pedigree changes everything in terms of my plans. I've heard it's not good to spay them right away so I wanted to breed her before spaying her. Please advise. I don't have money... lost it on this scam...THX

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no reason for her to have kitten's before being spayed. But like W Willowy has said there are reasons to spay her. She doesn't need to have a litter. She's beautiful and as you said you've no money left how would you pay vet fees if something went wrong. Just enjoy her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I need guidance on finding a stud for my 1 1/2 year old cat. I had her DNA done and she is 43% Persian and some Maine Coon, but actually a mix of five different breeds. I was told she was a purebred Siberian, which was it scam; I fell for it. I love her just as much even if she's not a purebred, designer cat. However her lack of pedigree changes everything in terms of my plans. I've heard it's not good to spay them right away so I wanted to breed her before spaying her. Please advise. I don't have money... lost it on this scam...THX
Agree. Its a myth they should have a litter before spaying...

It MAY be true they benefit from taking care of kittens. But this you can do being a foster momma to some orphaned kittens. You can cooperate with a shelter nearby, perhaps?
Obviously, you will need to handfeed these kittens. Still, its doable, and in many ways, enriching experience for both of you.

In such a case, the shelter will pay all necessary vet costs, and usually costs for food and extra litter.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another vote to spay her now. There's no reason to breed her since she's a domestic cat.

At 1-1/2 the potential of mammary and uterine cancers increases dramatically for unspayed cats. Plus she's probably miserable every time she goes into heat.

FYI, those DNA tests are not accurate at all so unlikely she's any kind of mixed breed, even less of a reason breed her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mu'ezza

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both for that information. Yes, she suffers a lot when in heat... 3x now. We breed her once but she didn't get pregnant.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have money
aside from her being a moggy so shouldn’t be bred from, it costs a lot of money to do all the dna health tests, HCM scan, stud fees, possible c-section delivery, raising kittens for 12-16 weeks, getting them all vaccinated, microchipped and neutered before adoption, not something to be done with no money.

breed tests are a scam, they even say so right on their website. Your cat is a lovely domestic longhair and needs to be spayed asap.