In Financial Trouble Have To Surrender My Cats For Close To A Month?

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So last month I lost my job. Being hard at finding a new place, but I'm out of my current apartment at the end of the month, and have to move back into my parents. They're not going to accept the cats. I have two from different places. I'm confident that by the end of October, I'll be back on my feet with a job. But I don't know what to do with the cats.

Any advice? The places I adopted the two cats aren't willing to help, and I'm considering a cat hotel of some sort. I live in Michigan.

Please help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
There's no possible way that your parents would accept them staying in your room, for just a few weeks?
Would they help pay for them to be boarded?
Nope, the money is and isn't a huge issue. I just rather they stay at a home, and possibly me be able to pay in payments.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check with volunteer no kill rescue groups in your area? The gr our may not be able to help, but maybe a member/volunteer of the group? Maybe visit Pet Smart. on the week ends when rescue groups bring their cats in for adoption? Maybe one of their workers could help or have suggestions? The worst they can tell you is no.

BUT --> before you give your cats to anyone for temporary boarding, get your cats chipped. Just in case. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but who knows? "Only the Shadow knows!"

Keep us updated, and good luck job hunting!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! Keep us updated, and we do pray that everything goes back to place at the soonest possible time, so you can be reunited with your dear cats.

Sending positive vibes and prayers your way. :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We're rooting for you, and the reuniting of your furry family! Please let us know how you are doing.
Yep sure, will do. From what I've heard, the two cats are adjusting well enough. Sawyer the more "ambitious cat" is playing well with the other cats, and Lilo the more shy one, is making slow but steady progress.