Improvised Cone

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was trying to come up with something other than a cone. Juliette got her face in chicken a few days back. She scratched a few places raw. They were healing until she decided to start scratching again tonight. The dog had a sweater too large.

I didn't get pictures of the towel version and Velcro that looked like she was going to visit Saul the lawyer from breaking bad.
306EE665-1A2E-4EC6-9C06-54BA2E49E7B2.jpeg
814A96BC-1569-49C8-9FD0-CB6DB7C8FE6B.jpeg
She may not be really happy but it's better than missing fur.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I cut her nails. She's allergic to some fish and turkey. Since she's allergic to turkey I've assumed allergic to chicken. She got her face in some chicken sausage dish a week ago. Then the allergy began. She starts itching and scratching. Then she starts ripping her hair out.

We've been to the vet for this. She just needs a week to heal. It's the shirt or a cone. The vet isn't open on Sunday and I didn't want to have her claw it till raw. I can still easily make sure it looks fine. I'm just making sure she heals and it doesn't get infected.

Thanks for mentioning it. Yes we've been to the vet over this. She's gotten much better on rabbit, pork and beef. She got her face in empty chicken sausage dish. It takes a few weeks for the itching from allergies to go away.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, that isn't the look of love in her eyes, is it. ;)
When i had a towel and Velcro around her neck she was really sweet but looking at me like "you might need a padded room this looks insane, you've lost your mind haven't you". :flail:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trust a kitten to get her face where she shouldn't! She is so lovely. That shirt seems such a good idea even if SHE doesn't think so.* We humans can take tablets to get rid of allergies, hopefully the vet will be able to indicate an antiallergic treatment for her.

Hope she will soon be rid of her itching and the shirt she objects to.

*By the way her photo would go very well in the thread Show me your "stink eyed" cat Pictures.

Last edited:

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Shirts never worked for Freya, but I had good results with the donut style of "cone." Doubt they'd' work for you, but I figured that I'd mention the option in case someone else was looking at options and the shirt wasn't' working for them.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had a male ragdoll that would have had that shirt off in 10 seconds. He was a Houdini with a cone too. Not one thing works for every cat plus it's the area you're trying to get them to leave alone.