Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia (updated)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I hope the antibiotic helps Apollo! I realize you didn't want to put him through any more stress with the deworming, but just be careful with keeping him isolated from the other cats because if he does have worms they can be transmitted to the others. I am sure you know that already, but I just don't want to see you have any more stress than you've already got.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi. I hope the antibiotic helps Apollo! I realize you didn't want to put him through any more stress with the deworming, but just be careful with keeping him isolated from the other cats because if he does have worms they can be transmitted to the others. I am sure you know that already, but I just don't want to see you have any more stress than you've already got.
I deworm the cats regularly but I haven’t done him since he got sick. The vet brought up deworming for some reason.

He’s isolated as best as I can. I already have one isolated in my room and there is very little places to isolated another (aka him). However I honestly think he stresses out more from being isolated than when he isn’t.

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update 12/12/18: Apollo was rushed to the vet earlier this afternoon after he was found unresponsive. He was found to have low oxygen levels. Sadly, we were too late and he did not make it.

I feel horrible because he probably suffered right up until the end. He was fine this morning but no one had been home for nearly six hours before my mom found him. I wasn’t even there.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so, so, so sorry for Apollo - and you. If it is any consolation, my cat Gracie who had cancer, passed away in my house - while I was gone on the LAST day I had to be away 8 hours a day, for a 4 day conference. I was home all the time before that. There is nothing more horrific than what you - and, so many of us, have experienced. The only solace I found is that my cat knew when she had to go, and she did. I have faith in that.

fromthevalley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I'm heartbroken, but at the same time I'm frustrated. I told my mom that if anything happens to Apollo, don't call me and just take him to the vet. Well she spent five minutes texting me - I don't carry my phone at work - before calling me BEFORE she actually took him (and it takes 20 mins to get there). I'm just afraid those minutes could have saved his life.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm just afraid those minutes could have saved his life.
It is very normal to go through all of the 'what ifs'. But, none of that will change what has happened, and could possibly lead you to conclusions that you will never be able to confirm, and might ultimately regret.

Spend your time grieving but try not to drive yourself crazy with the what ifs. They don't help with the grieving process, trust me.