imaginary symptoms

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey
I have noticed something about myself over the last few health complications with my cats... As soon as I realize they are sick I become hyper vigilant and create symptoms. usually it's that the cat is lethargic or something to do with eating or bathroom.
Dynah came home having been diagnosed with stones last night, and despite the fact she has probably been sick for awhileand is bright eyed and perky in general, I just woke her up from a nap and decided she looked lethargic (duh!) she just ate some wet and I was worried about her not drinking (while she was sleeping)
Am I the only weirdo or do other people do this?

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We love our babies and it's tough to not worry when your kitty is sick!  It's good you're noticing that you may be overreacting a little, that will help you be aware of it when you're doing it.  

That reminds me of when we got some new cats and I thought for sure one of them was having a seizure.  (Turned out her leg was caught in her collar and she was trying to get out of it.)  
   http://www.thecatsite.com/t/259500/our-cat-is-having-a-seizure

I know it's not the same for you because your kitty is sick and you're worried about her, but I do understand inventing symptoms.  

Hang in there.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it's totally the same. That's exactly what I was talking about! I guess I go crazy with love