I'm Thinking Of Donating The Skinny Clothes

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went up a size last year for the first time. It's true things change when you're 30. But it's okay because I was really small
I'm hoping to stay at this new size, especially the belly area!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't afford to buy new clothes every time I gain or lose weight! I just can't. And that's why I keep what I have. The only time I got rid of clothing was back when I lost 76 pounds and I got rid of my really, really fat clothes. But everything else I keep. I've gone into my closet more than once with the intention of getting rid of my size 8s. I didn't; three months later, I was wearing them. Like I said, my body is a yoyo.

Be careful with your knees. If you can't run, don't worry about it; I haven't been able to run in years. But I can walk, so that's what I do. There are also exercises that you can do to help your body, help your legs, and so on (says the person who absolutely hates exercise :paperbag:).

As far as the fasting, well, be careful there, too. Honestly, the best way to lose the weight is slowly and carefully.

I wish you well.
I'm a yo yo too. I hate exercising too, but it does make you feel a whole lot better.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went up a size last year for the first time. It's true things change when you're 30. But it's okay because I was really small
I'm hoping to stay at this new size, especially the belly area!
You are lucky to be small. I have been pudgy since I was a kid.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
It's embarrassing to admit how poor I am. I guess because people assume your are some kind of a bum if your poor.
To me a bum is a lazy person that doesn't care. Plenty of rich bums out there. You however (caring for feral cats) are most definitely not a bum!

Have a great weekend and all my best to you.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the bum. I'm often out and about doing errands and going to appointments in sweats and a tank. Or just pajama shorts and a tank. Sometimes I think I should try to make myself look nice. Like wear nice clothes and put make up on. But im so lazy.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
DONATE! If you donate to a charity you help someone (and get a tax write off) And if you do get back down to that size =SHOPPING! And your closet is not full of things you cannot wear. Where is the downside?

I store out-of season clothes. When I switch out cold weather and warm weather , if I cannot wear it right now it gets donated. And I have never regretted donating.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I could get into those clothes it was because I was running. Now I can't because of the knee. But maybe the knee will get better. I know people say you can buy new clothes, but I can't afford to buy clothes. It's embarrassing to admit how poor I am. I guess because people assume your are some kind of a bum if your poor. I think I may give the fasting a try and walk more. My knee is hurting a little less than it was. I want to give one more try before I give up on the fabulous skinny me.
You can buy great clothes at thrift stores. I get compliments all the time on my clothes and they are either thrift store or I made them. I can get silk blouses for $2 or $3 dollars. Being poor does not make you a bum. I have not bought clothes at retail for years. It takes time to look but you can get great clothes for next to nothing. I buy classic things like a cashmere cardigan for maybe $5. And my closet has only things that I actually wear.