I'm thinking about adopting this cat from a rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walkingrock

Bodie's mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think she looks like a Ragdoll, although someone at the rescue thought she looked like a snowshoe mix. Obviously, we don't really know as she was dumped at a rescue with a kitten. She's a year and a half old and weighs 8+ lbs. She's friendly and social, not sure how affectionate. Let me pick her up and pet her. Mostly she wanted to explore!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walkingrock

Bodie's mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat! Are you (still) set up at your house for bringing a new cat home (I don't know if you currently have a cat(s)?) S/he looks like she's thinking hard about something, or reacting to a noise behind her
Yup, have necessities. I don't have a cat currently, my last one passed in April. There were 2 people in the area with her, making some noises!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she looks like a Ragdoll, although someone at the rescue thought she looked like a snowshoe mix. Obviously, we don't really know as she was dumped at a rescue with a kitten. She's a year and a half old and weighs 8+ lbs. She's friendly and social, not sure how affectionate. Let me pick her up and pet her. Mostly she wanted to explore!
I would describe this cat as a seal point and white domestic longhair. I'm not seeing a resemblance to the Ragdoll breed other than color. The genes that produce this color combination are widespread in the domestic cat gene pool, and don't indicate specific breed ancestry. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special! She is a beautiful cat and I hope it works out for you to adopt her :)