I’m taking this as a sign my kitty is feeling better.

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My 15 yo has been treated for IBD for many years. After reducing her steroids, she lost 2.3 lbs; vet increased her dosage and she has gained back 1.5 lbs.

I always said she could read my mind and knew to run when I was going to give her her pill; she stopped that for a while, and docilely let me pick her up and give it to her, but now seems to have regained her mindreading talent. 🤣 So I’m taking that as a sign that she‘s feeling better all around!

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm sure it is! I gave steroid pills for years to my Burt, I took a tiny piece of Pill Pocket for cats and
'cemented' it to a tiny piece of bacon. (the remainder I kept in the fridge). He usually gobbled it right up. Then he figured out if he spit out part of it, he got more, they are smart little boogers! I also pushed it into the middle of a tiny piece of cheese. This way there are no fights, and he looked forward to his medicine time. One other problem was Bob always complained, "Gheez, you cook bacon for the cat and all I get is a bowl of bran flakes!"