I’m still wondering if she is a black smoke

Nuts Bolts and Screws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all.
So my 3 little feral colony kittens were officially put through the TNVR program and are living in my barn full time. I’m still thinking the girl will be a black smoke, as she does have white through the under portion of her fur. She has also lightened up considerably while the boys are definitely becoming a darker black. Let me know your thoughts. The kittens are around 12 weeks now.

On another note, they have all been very personable since coming back from surgery ❤

Attachments

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup most likely she is smoke. Beautiful gang :)

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't tell from the photo lol. Is it white or grey the roots? Looks grey to me but with short fur and the picture quality, it's hard to tell. Smoke is usually a dominant trait so I would think all would be smokes. Though some silvers carry nonsilver.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nuts Bolts and Screws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
cataholic07 cataholic07 yes, her fur is white underneath.
They are from a feral colony. I know their mom is a grey, but I don’t know who their dad is.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure, her roots look more greyish white than white. But she could be smoke. They are all beauties 😻 What is tnvr?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Only time will tell for sure, but at this stage she seems to have fever coat /unsound kitten coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nuts Bolts and Screws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Only time will tell for sure, but at this stage she seems to have fever coat /unsound kitten coat.
If it was fever coat, wouldn’t the others in the litter be the same? Or can that affect only one?